• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

boobs pp and breast cancer??

ButterCup17

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your boobs are like after pregnancy if u ff, but I know mine are still weird after bf for 14 months. I constantly felt lumps in my boobs bc of the milk ducts etc. I stopped about two months ago now but I noticed tonight that there are some lumps in my boobs. Of course now I'm freaking about breast cancer! My question is, do u think this is normal? Do u think maybe my boobs are still just adjusting from lactating? Or do u think I should be concerned?

If you're ever concerned make an appt with your doctor. I never had lumps in my breasts from breastfeeding. Except blocked ducts but those went away when not blocked. (I got mastitis from them).

Breastfeeding is likely to be the cause, BUT you should never ignore breast changes. Please see your doctor and get checked over.

Totally agree that it should be checked out. Bfing can make changes to your breasts which is why my Hv recommends that every bfing mother is even more vigilant with checks so they can become familiar with what is the new normal. No doctor is going to think negatively of you for getting them checked so go and keep us posted. I'm sure I recently heard that a ridiculously high number of lumps found aren't cancer (like 9/10) but the only way you can know is to see someone.

Mine have become more lumpy since I started breastfeeding. I've had them checked and everything was fine. 😊

Thanks ladies! I was doing reading online last night and read that it's common to get clogged ducts after weaning as ur milk is drying up, so hopefully that's what it is. But I will call you dr today to schedule for a check up in case! I'll keep you posted

get it checked but I think it's normal. I had weird lumps while bfing and my gyno felt them and said it was normal milk duct stuff. I still plan to go for a mammogram (my mom had breast cancer) but I am not as worried anymore. Never hurts to get it checked!

I had an apt scheduled for tomorrow but they had to call and reschedule me for next Monday. Last night I treated it as if it were clogged ducts (massage in shower, heating pad, brushing with comb) and I think it feels a tiny bit better, hard to tell tho. I tried hand expressing in the shower but nothing really came out besides a few little drops. Kind of anxious now that I have to wait until Monday

Update: I saw my Dr and she sent me for an ultrasound. They said I have several cysts and want to see me again in 6 months to follow up. Now I'm nervous....:(

They're monitoring you Buttercup. Thats good news! Be positive. If it was cancer they wouldn't be wanting you back in 6mths!!! Xx

That's a good point. I'm going to start trying for number two soon. I hope nothing happens that prevents me from breastfeeding the second lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->