bookcases/dvd units that dont need to be attached to the walls.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
So we are looking into moving into rented housing where i cant imagine they will want us drilling holes into the walls, and most of the storage we currently have needs screwing into the wall for security.
Are there any bookcases and dvd storage that doesnt need to be attached to the wall? We have very extensive book and dvd collections so need ones that will hold a lot.

We had exactly the same problem when we moved into our flat a few years ago, I got three big bookcases from Argos, they do regular or extra deep. OH has hundreds of DVDs, they fitted in really well though some just stacked on each other as there wasn't enough shelves. They're really good and pretty cheap too

We have a few of these https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...racks,+DVD+racks+and+video+racks|14418325.htm

The shelf bits can be spaced for CDs or DVDs.

Also for books and other things we have an Ikea unit - I can't remember the name of it (sorry) but it's like a massive unit made up of lots of square compartments, they also sell drawer things to go in it. They do different sized ones.

xx

Do yours need attaching to the wall at all? I do have 1 from argos but it comes with a strap you have to screw to the wall. Have you got the link for yours?

A lot of them have the option to be attached to the wall, but don't actually have to be iykwim.

None of ours are attached

xx

We got the cube units from Argos where they're like 4 cube compartments 2 with doors and 2 withouth IYKWIM? We bought 9 and screwed them so they were 3 up 3 down and made a big unit. We put the DVD's in the parts with the doors (and an extensive perfume collection :haha:) and then put ornament type things in the ones without doors x

when we moved in we asked our landlady if she was happy for us to drill holes/put photos up etc she said it was fine aslong as we filled any holes etc when we left!
worth asking first before u spend a fortune on things like that. x

Ikea have TV cabinets and the drawers have massive storage in them!

Honestly we don't have any of our furniture screwed to the wall.

Do you all find them secure not attached to the walls? I worry a bit with a very active toddler around.
We will check with the LL first as anything we can get away with not having to buy will be a huge help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->