Books

Naomi Novik Blood of Tyrants, 8th novel in the Temeraire series. Lovely mix of fantasy and history.

Last edited:
League of Dragons, 9th novel in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik.

The Strangest Family by Janice Hadlow.
I’m only a third in but so far it is fascinating and seriously changed my view on George III. It is full of interesting characters whose journals and biographies I’m going to put in my reading list next. I’d recommend this to any one who, like me, is interested in the 18th century.

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King. Its a collection of shorter stories.

Ordinary Joe by Jon Teckman. It's not got the best ratings but I'm enjoying it so far.

Princesses: The Six Daughters of George III by Flora Fraser

ETA will finish this another time. Not in the right frame of mind at the mo though it seems really good so far.

Last edited:
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. le Guin. Read it years ago and wasn't too fond of it then but I am really enjoying it this time round.

The Twenty Three by Linwood Barclay - one of my favourite authors.

The Book of Dust- La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman. Loved the first 3 books and am really enjoying this one too. Got the next one lined up already, The Secret Common Wealth.

At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie. Another one of my favourite authors :)

I love her too! Read Devoured all Miss Marples and Hercule Poirots several times :)

I am reading Bertie, a Life of Edward VII by Jane Ridley. Extremely interesting and quite horrifying in places how utterly awful his parents treated him!

Enid Blyton's Five Get on the Property Ladder, written by Bruno Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->