Books

I know! It is SO good! Another one of my favourites :)
Btw did you ever watch the TV series with David Suchet? If not, I can recommend it, it is very well made and usually quite close to the books. Plus Suchet is very nearly perfect as Poirot.

I've never seen that but will try to watch it. I think I would enjoy it! :)

A Small Weeping by Alex Gray. First book of 2020 for me :)

I just read the short story Why Is Nothing Ever Simple? by Jodi Taylor, which is part of her brilliant St Mary Chronicles series which I have devoured several times now.

I am now back to An Echo of Things to Come, second book in the Licanius Trilogy by James Islington.
They are intersting books but I am not 100% enchanted with them. It is getting harder to find something really good though, especially in Epic Fantasy, at the moment it seems. :/

I finished the Faithful and the Fallen series by John Gwynne and then read the 2 sequels to that in his Of Blood and Bone series. I am eagerlu awaiting the third coming out in April. It was really good and very gripping, though not on the scale of A song of Ice and Fire or Brandon Sanderson's books (but then what is?!)
In the meantime I am relistening to the Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry. I lost track how many times I have read and listened to the series now. I never get tired of it :)

I love Harry Potter! I read the first four books in my early 20s and then never read anymore. Would love to read the whole series though. I think I'll start from the beginning again sometime.

Just finished the first book in Angus Watson’s Iron Age trilogy. At the beginning I was a bit “meh” but got pulled in really quickly and love it now. Eagerly starting on the second book today.

Rereading The Scarlett Pimpernell by Baroness Orczy, which I used to love so much as a young girl. (Not to mention the tv version lol) It doesn't live up quite to my memory of it but it still an enjoyable romp :)

I just bought False Colours by Ben Aaronovitch, the new book in in his Rivers of London series. Cannot wait to get stuck in, I looove this series! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->