Books

Suze

Mummy to Ava & Oscar
Reaction score
I posted this in the mc forum and hope it's OK to do so here too..

Just wondered if anyone has read any books that they'd recommend regarding miscarriage, multiple mc and ttcal.
I have had 4 losses in total, 1 early miscarriage, 1 ectopic, 1 1st tri mmc and 1 2nd tri induced mmc. I also have a daughter who's 19 months but my last 2 losses (17 and 11 weeks were within 4 and a half months of each other).

My relationship has broken down because of it and my desire to ttc again and I'm keen to get hold of some literature for my partner to read. My mum is trying to understand it too and can't understand why I'd want to ttc again ever and I know she'd certainly be up for reading stuff...I get loads of info and support from here! I think everyone sees me as a grief stricken baby obsessed woman and I'd like people to understand that my feelings are not unusual :shrug:

Thanks in advance :flower:

I read a book called Miscarriage, Medicine, and Miracles - it gave me SO much hope! The Physician that wrote the book reminded me so much of my own OB and I just felt so much better after I read it that I WOULD get pregnant again.

hi Suze,
haven't read any books but wanted to say that I am so sorry about your losses.
You are not alone and don't worry about people saying you're baby obssessed or whatever... you have a right to feel the way you feel and no one should ever question it.

lots of :hugs: and baby :dust: to you!!!

From a medical standpoint (but in lay-man's terms) I would recommend Miscarriage - What Every Woman Should Know by Professor Lesley Regan. She runs the recurrent miscarriage clinic at St Mary's in Paddington. I found it very informative as I was being seen by the clinic anyway. I am so sorry for your losses and I hope your partner and mum can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->