Books!

_laura

Mummy to Monster Max
Reaction score
So I'm doing a book challenge this year to read 50 books (at least)
Already done 4, but wanted some recommendations. I will read pretty much anything and everything :haha:

What I've read so far this year:
The Help
Catching fire (hunger games book 2)
Mockingjay (hunger games book 3)
Confessions of a gp

I'm reading before I go to sleep at the moment and it's fantastic.

Extremely loud and incredibly close and a short history of tractors in Ukrainian (Its not what it seems lol its a comedy) x

Extremely loud and incredibly close and a short history of tractors in Ukrainian (Its not what it seems lol its a comedy) x

I desperately want to read Extremely loud... but I can't find it on my kindle and I can't read books as LO will try and rip them :dohh: (bad I know!)

I've heard alot about the second book, might pick it up and see if It's good thanks! :thumbup:

You really need to read Extremely loud in book form as it has pages with only one word and things that you will only be able to see in paper form. Kindle wont do it justice hun xx

You really need to read Extremely loud in book form as it has pages with only one word and things that you will only be able to see in paper form. Kindle wont do it justice hun xx

ooh will see if I can pick it up at work.
I'm constantly walking round work looking at books and then forgetting what they are called :haha:
the perks of working in a book shop!

Ahh I see lol Also the flowers in the attic books by Virginia Andrews and a Child called IT is a good book, sad but worth a read xx

I've read a child called it, to be honest the real life horror stories don't do much for me :shrug: I know it sounds bad but it feels like once you've read one you've read them all.

Depends what you fancy really. I'd suggest a few classics like 1984, pride and prejudice, Oliver Twist, North and South etc. Anything by Bill Bryson tends to be a good read. Nelson Mandela's autobiography is fascinating as is Watching the English by Kate Fox. Robin Hobb is an amazing writer if you like fantasy books.

How about -

The Harry Potter series
Jodi Picolt books
Linwood Barclay books
Alice Sebold - The lovely bones

xx

Read all of Harry potter, Alice sebold and linwood Barclay!

Also read the new Jodie before Xmas :haha:

-One Day
-Water for Elephants
-Room
-Anything by Nicholas Sparks..there's a few I've been eyeing.

I've found the ones of his I want to read, let me know if you've read them..

-The Best of Me
-The Lucky One

I'm reading before I go to sleep by s j Watson and dom joly dark tourist at thr mo. I got a kindle for Xmas and have read 11 books on it so far :)

The Passage! Its terrifying/amazing. What kind of stuff do you like? If you like dystopian future type stuff (kind of like the Hunger Games) then I have loads I could recommend you! And anything by John Wyndham, I love his literature.

I love Dorothy Koomson (the ice cream girls and my best friends girls are my favourite) Marian Keyes, Sophie Kinsella, Twilight books, autobiographies (i am currently reading Brendan from coach trips) CSI books....will come back when i think of some more :happydance:

Also my favourite novel of all time is The Death of Grass by John Christopher. Its quite short but is really one of the most haunting things I have ever read, I was blown away when I finished it! The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is beautiful and worth a read too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->