Books!

i like romance books, dont know if they're up your street though! :)
i've read:
Lonley Millionaire
All I want for christmas is you
Special Delivery
Breaking the Silence
Anywhere but here

all of these i *think* were free on my kindle! :) xx

Read all of Harry potter, Alice sebold and linwood Barclay!

Also read the new Jodie before Xmas :haha:

:haha: You read to much!! xx

:haha: I honestly don't feel like I read enough! Granted I have about 4/5 books going at one time. It just helps that I can read proofs (early copies) at work

And Lou, I will check them out!

I'm currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak which I'm really enjoying... His writing style is extremely unique which is a nice change...

I have a few suggestions

My best friend's girl - Dorothy Komson
Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult
Cage of stars - Jacquelyn Mitchard
Damaged - Cathy Glass
Call the midwife - Jennifer Worth - I know this currently being shown on TV but the book is amazing
How far can you go? - David Lodge
The spoils of time trilogy - Penny Vincenzi

I'm currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak which I'm really enjoying... His writing style is extremely unique which is a nice change...

The BookThief is an amazing book! Which just reminded me of another one - The Book of Lost Things. Oh my god it is so creepy, it is inspired by children's fairy tales but is definitely not a kid's book!

I have a few suggestions

My best friend's girl - Dorothy Komson
Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult
Cage of stars - Jacquelyn Mitchard
Damaged - Cathy Glass
Call the midwife - Jennifer Worth - I know this currently being shown on TV but the book is amazing
How far can you go? - David Lodge
The spoils of time trilogy - Penny Vincenzi

My favourite book ever.:happydance:

The BookThief is an amazing book! Which just reminded me of another one - The Book of Lost Things. Oh my god it is so creepy, it is inspired by children's fairy tales but is definitely not a kid's book!

oooh these sound interesting!

I completely forgot about the Book of Lost Things until now, I might have to re-read it again! Its a really creepy mix of fairy tale and horror, such a good read. Sorry for whoring your thread, I'm a book nerd :haha:

No it's exactly what I wanted, maybe not so much with my bank balance haha

How about a classic to kill a mockingbird I read it last year when pregnant and couldn't put it down xx

The Wheel of Time series - Robert Jordan, there is 13 of them so far. My fave series of books ever! The final one will be out this year/early next year, I can't wait, but I'll be sad that there won't be any more :(

The Sword Of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
The Pillars Of the Earth by Ken Follett
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin (what the game of thrones series is based on)

Just read Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. It is described as Dante's Inferno meets the Breakfast Club - it was so funny and so fresh and original. :thumbup:
Also read this month:
Wildwood by Colin Meloy
The Apothecary by Maile Meloy
Both YA fantasy - very very well-written! Great adventure stories and very high quality of writing. Did not feel I like I was reading YA.
I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley
The fourth in a fabulous series by Alan Bradley about Flavia deLuce - an 11-yr old sleuth. Great mysteries and brilliant character! I adore Flavia!!
I just finished A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin. I have really enjoyed this series, but good lord! It is really violent! I have to admit finding the violence rather disturbing.
Also worth checking out: the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King. She has invented this Mary Russell as a character who meets and marries Sherlock Holmes and is his match for wits, as well. Excellent writing, great mysteries, and acclaimed by true Sherlock fans, so King has really done her homework. I just finished the latest in the series: Pirate King.
Happy reading! :coffee:

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series?

I've just finished A Song for Fire & Ice Series.....they are rather good. I want the Author to hurry up & write book 6, I want to know what happens goddammit!

Another vote for Flowers in the Attic series.

Also Martina Cole books I love!

Also, books by Nicky Charles, The Mating, The Finding etc. If you like Twilight books, then you will like these. They are free on feedbooks.

Lisa Kleypas is quite a good author too. I've read quite a few books of hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->