Born at 29 weeks 5-long post! sorry

confused87com

Reaction score
Hi, i posted on third tri but feel the need to move accross now.

I measured small at my 28 week appointment so had a growth scan. This revealed an absent edf in the arteries of the cord. My poor little boy was just 'surviving in me' but wasnt gonna grow. After a weekend in hospital with worries about downs and heart conditions these were ruled out. I was transferred hospital on the weekend and met the theatre team for a c section. Then they decidied to wait. So a weekend of monitoring later i was sent home on the monday. They said they were hopeful to get me to 30 weeks and the see. I had another appt for a scan on the thursay, i knew this would be bad news again. Baby wasnt distressed but not grown and no flow again. BUT again, no neonatal beds so i had to go home and go back on Friday 18th March for emergency c section. Waited all day for it and then we walked to theatre to be told 2 hour wait. I was gutted. Every dream i had was falling apart. I wasnt up for a strict birth plan, but i would have at least like to be near term! They had issues putting the spinal in. I could feel the first two attempts, hence stopping, they had to hold me up because i was so close to fainting.i knew if i did they would ga me. I couldnt have this. It didnt feel real having my baby anyway, i knew if i missed the birth then i would have even more trouble bonding.
I had been warned...and overheard doctors saying my baby had no chacne ( howe to add to the nightare) The c section was fine and im recovering well.....but my Baby came out screaming! He hasnt stopped since. He doesnt need breathing assistnace, im amazed. he is neonatal unit and doing well, he is a nightmare to get lines in, but merrily pulls them all out. He has a long way ( and a lot of growing ) to do but i cant belive he is here. Its taken a good week to realise that, yes he is my sproglet, now he is the most precious little miracle.

2lb 5, Michael JOhn Clark, hasnt stopped screaming since:happydance:

i seen u in third tri hun. congratulations!! (i was a 29 weeker myself and i have a 27 weeker ;) ) xxxx

Congratulations hun :flower::hugs: cannot wait to see a pic of your beautiful boy :hugs:

congratulations to you! glad to hear about the screaming lol thats brill!

Congratulations! My LO was born at 28 weeks & 6 days.

Aww congrats hun on your little screamer man! so happy he is doing so well!!xoxoxox
Kepp screming little buddy! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->