Born at 35 weeks..

I had DS @ 30 weeks 2 years ago and by the time he reached the 35 week mark he was definitely out of the humidicrib. In fact they were trialling taking babies out when they reached 4 pounds. I think it all depends on weight, sucking and temp control. By 35 weeks I think babies have pretty much got it sorted and come home fairly soon after birth.

This might be useful
Completed Weeks of Gestation at Birth
(Using last menstrual period) Survival
21 weeks and less 0%
22 weeks 0-10%*
23 weeks 10-40%
24 weeks 40-70%
25 weeks 50-80%
26 weeks 80-90%
27 weeks >90%
30 weeks >95%
34 weeks >98%

My sister had her 1st baby at 35 weeks and she was appsolutely fine hun dont let the boots E mails worry you thier just a brief paragraph onthat certain week of pregnancy.All will be fine i`m sure xx

I am sure your little one would be just fine, if anything might just need a little assistance with oxygen and sucking, but nothing serious.

I seen so many babies at hospital around that gestation go home in a matter of days!

i was born at 29 weeks and im still going strong :)

My first kiddo was born at 34.6 weeks and they did give me steroid injections to help mature his lungs. He was an airbox for a few hours and then fine to breathe on his own after that. He stayed in NICU for two weeks because his sucking reflex was slow to pick up but that was the only reason they kept him for so long. :)

I see your wee one is measuring big so that is good! :)

Both mine are 35weekers, Daniel stopped breathing and had a bit of trouble with his temp but neither went to special care. Charlotte was 4.8 and had trouble sucking but we got home after 4 days and Daniel was 6.7 and we got home next day xx

My niece was born at 35 weeks and is a happy healthy 1 year old. She DID have a birth defect when she was born that is rare though (choanal atresia), but I dont think it was from being premature, I think she would have had it regardless.

Hi my daughter was born at 29wks and if she hadn't had to wait to get to 5lb to have an op would have been home by 35wks and my son was born at 30wks and was home by 35wks. This time around I'm just going into 35th week and I'm ecstatic and hardly worried about hime showing signs of possibly coming this week. We saw alot of 34/35wkers who didn't need incubators just 'hot'cots and a feeding tube while their sucking reflex kicked in and most just needed a checking over as precaution. We saw just as many full termers who needed a bit of support on scbu!

EACH BABY IS DIFFERENT! you have to hope and pray for the best thats all! If you have good doctors that thinks baby will be early then the steriods should be given to strengthen the lungs....

hi hun my son was born at 36 weeks i went into labour at 35 but managed to hold it off til 36 weeks and bubs was pretty much fine no need for special care however he needed help feeding he couldnt suck properly he had a tube up his nose in the end nothing to worry about though like i say no special care baby uint you can actually stil take bubs home with tube in their nose
saying that there was a woman on the telly the other day her baby was born at 32 weeks she was on telly with the baby 2 weeks later no problems at all she wa sout of hospital the next day :-/

i allways find this site helpful with info about preemies as im high risk of premature birth again I check it every weeks ee were im at and what would happen at each week if bubba was born will probs help you :)
https://preemies.about.com/od/preemieagesandstages/ss/PrematureBabiesWeekbyWeek_8.htm

Baby will be fine if born but would probably be put in NICU for a little while, just to help with breathing, blood sugars, jaundice and body temp.

I am 33 weeks with twins and told basically anytime it could happen, tho the doctor wont induce till 38 weeks because she said that even at 37 weeks babies can have problems. I personally think mine would be fine at 37 weeks, they were 5lb3 and 5lb7 at 32+2 according to scan, so by 37 weeks they'll each be mid sevens!

You may surprise everybody and go to term! (or over)!

Anyone know what would happen if born at 35 weeks and not making it to hospital in time?
My worst fear lol! Like if labour wasnt painful or you didn't pick it up as labour..and end up having baby at home or something? Would there be no hope?

My cousin found out a few days ago at 33 weeks she was pregnant as she went to the er with pain and found she had a bladder infection and a positive pregnancy test. They told her she was 33 weeks and sent her home. She went back a few hours later and was told she was in labor and 5 cms. She had the baby on the 20th and is home already. 5 pounds 4 ounces, perfectly healthy baby girl.

^ At 35 weeks baby would likely be born breathing on his/her own. If he/she did need some help with breathing the ambulance service have everything for resuscitation you could possibly need! But don't worry you will just KNOW you are in labour xx

It's classed as moderately preterm these days , and where I am thy won't give you steroids after 34 weeks, so I suppose it's a good sign

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->