Born at 35 weeks..

DS was born at 34w 6d a rather large 6lbs 6oz...and I know from fertility issues/monitoring my dates were exact. He had no problems breathing, had great body temp and fed straightaway without help. I believe the fact we had skin 2 skin immediately after he was born for 40 mins without being taken away and they didn't cut the cord for all that time so he got all the precious extra blood. He didn't need neonatal or an incubator. I'd had no steroid injections to help his lungs.

We were in hospital for 5 days but only because we needed IV antibiotics since my waters had been gone 48 hours before his birth.

He does not to be behind developmentally either. I think he was just ready to be born - impatient like mum. :haha:

I was born at 28 weeks weighing 2lbs. My mum had both steroid injections. I was in an incubator and spent 17 days in hospital. I was still breastfed even though I was given some formula from birth. And this was in 1980!

i had a baby at 35 weeks she was 5lb12oz and we were home the next day, she has never had any health problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->