Born in 1974...

I was reading your posts from 2012 and 2013, didn't get it at first. Why were so many of you sad that AF got you, or starting IVF... when I could see your statuses - goddess25... mom, Kismet - expecting... tessjs ... mom...?!
And then :dohh: that's your current status!!! It all happened to you since then! :happydance:

this gives me so much hope :) :)

I just got my :bfp: a week ago after we had mostly given up. So yes, keep the faith! :hugs: :thumbup:

EDIT: Not sure how much of my story you've seen, but I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and endo. DH also had a minor issue. We were told IVF was our best and likely only shot. We conceived naturally after about a year and a half of trying. (It's been more like 2, but we had to take a few months off here and there). I turned 40 at the end of November. :thumbup:

Congratulations Kismet. I have been a bit down when AF showed up yesterday but your story gives me hope. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks ladies! I feel a bit self-conscious posting my story here because I always had mixed feelings hearing other success stories and the "don't give up advice." But since Lavender mentioned it first, I figured I would add my two cents. :)

I am so excited for you darling. Have a wonderful H&H 9 months.

Oh, Kismet, such great news! :happydance: really happy for you!

You have a great time being pregnant - healthy and happy, as you deserve after so much waiting &struggling !!:happydance::happydance:

Kismet, so sorry for my delayed reaction. I've only just ventured back to the boards.

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. This news has really made my day because I remember your story and struggle.

:hugs:

Kismet, so sorry for my delayed reaction. I've only just ventured back to the boards.

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. This news has really made my day because I remember your story and struggle.

:hugs:

I guess I should've updated here earlier but I ended up having an MMC detected on April 10th at 8+5. :cry: :nope: I had a D&C, bled heavily for two weeks after that and then had the scariest heaviest period ever 6 weeks after the original bleeding stopped. :shock: I've been having trouble with depression and anxiety, which is kicking up again now that I'm due for my period in a few days. It's weird feeling traumatized by my periods. :nope:

Anyway, the good news in all of this is I now know I can get pregnant without IVF and we got the green light to TTC again this cycle. It looks like I ovulated this month, so here I sit in my first TWW since February. :wacko:

Oh no, Kismet. I am so sorry! That must have been an awful discovery. I am really sorry about the poor timing of my post.

Great news on getting the green light this cycle. I'm so pleased you've managed to find the positive side of this. You are one strong and determined lady! Sending you lots of :dust:

Oh no, Kismet. I am so sorry! That must have been an awful discovery. I am really sorry about the poor timing of my post.

Great news on getting the green light this cycle. I'm so pleased you've managed to find the positive side of this. You are one strong and determined lady! Sending you lots of :dust:

Thanks! :hugs: You gotta keep moving forward because...what other choice is there? :shrug:

Hello 1974 ladies! Any news from the group?

Today is the day I must update my signature to say "40." I guess this is the point I start getting less sympathy / support from friends and doctors. :nope: There are many reasons to be happy about this birthday, but it's hard to get past having something important missing from my life.

Wow, been a long time since this thread was active. Happy 40th birthday PiggieFarmer, I hope this is your lucky year.

Things are going well for us, I just looked backed through some threads and remember all those months of disappointment after disappointment. Our little man turns 1 on the 17th of this month :)

We turned to IVF to help us and I'm so thankful to science for making it possible.

Again, wishing you all the luck in the world that the naughty 40's is a decade your dreams come true xo

Hello 1974 ladies! Any news from the group?

Today is the day I must update my signature to say "40." I guess this is the point I start getting less sympathy / support from friends and doctors. :nope: There are many reasons to be happy about this birthday, but it's hard to get past having something important missing from my life.

Hi there. I'm a 1974 baby as well. Hoping for my 2015 baby.

I turned 40 last January. I had an MC right before that in December. But haven't gotten my BFP since then. I'm seeing the RE for the second time. (I went in May and took some tests but never followed up...thought I could do it naturally again). I'm so nervous. My fiance has a 10 year old son and thinks there's nothing wrong with him, but what if there is? Anyway, not sure if this thread is still active, but would love some buddies.

Edit: Page 74...must be a sign to start this thread up again.

dojenstein, our men dont like to think there is something wrong with their 'bits' Our 1st daughter was conceived naturally in 2007, 2nd daughter conceived naturally 2009 but after trying in 2012 we ended up getting all the test done and it was my partners sperm that was preventing us from conceiving. Goes to show what can happen in just a couple of years. Worth getting tests done

Right, tests for him are usually pretty easy and cheap. DH did that pretty early in the process and again recently, without much fuss.

Thanks Lyghtning and PF...I'm really nervous if it is him because he won't be as proactive as I would in treating the issue. I just logged on to my doctor's website and saw all my test results. They all looked ok. My AMH and FSH were low but in normal range. I hope it's not something bad. I just want to get knocked up already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->