Born in 1974...

So sorry to hear that, PiggieFarmer. I hope 2014 brings you something lovely.x

Piggie farmer and to my fellow 1974'troop, thinking of you & hope 2014 is your year.

First post here. I was born February 16, 1974, so my 40th is coming up way too fast for my comfort. I've only read the last 10 pages of this thread and will read over everything over the next couple of days, but I like this group dedicated to those of us born in 1974. This is very optimistic for me seeing that members have gotten pregnant and had babies.

I have been seeing a fs for a couple months. My AMH is low. My tubes are clear. My uterus was not shaped right, so I had a hysteroscopy done Dec 12 and AF is visiting right now. FS told me to order my meds and my sperm this week (doing this on my own without a man). Next cycle, I start with IUI (and the first one should happen right around my birthday). Maybe it will take and make for an excellent birthday present. Otherwise, I'm committing to do at least 3 cycles right now before thinking about it further.

So, ladies, good luck with your BFPs and your babies and the rest of us will catch up soon! If you are new here, welcome!

Good luck, what a wonderful 40th birthday pressie.

Wow, we are all 40 this year, and it certainly isnt too old.

We couldn't do IUI due to dp's sperm but IFV worked for us 1st cycle.

Good luck!

I can't believe we are all 40 this year.

What a wonderful birthday present that would be 40.

GL.

Hey everyone! Haven't posted for awhile...last time I posted I was pregnant and unfotunately I miscarried at 9 weeks. I'm finally posting again but I've been avoiding the forum because it's been too upsetting. It's been 5 months since the miscarriage with no luck conceiving again. Of course it seems like everyone I know is pregnant. One friend is due a week after I was supposed to be due so it's hard seeing her growing belly and imagining how I might look and feel right now. I'm still hopeful that it will happen for me and thankful that I conceived at all but sometimes I'm just sad and feel a little defeated. Congrats to all my fellow '74's who've had success. Your stories give me hope :)

So sorry to hear of your loss. At least your know your body is capable of getting pregnant. Good luck with your next cycle, hope to get some good news from you in the coming months :)

So sorry to hear that. I have had 3 myself and I know how your feeling. I also jad a friend pregnant and due at the same time. It was extremely difficult for me until I had my own child then the pain lessened. Wishing you every success for this year. :hugs:

Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me butting in but I saw this thread and had to join you. I was born in December 1974 and currently ttc no 2. I had DD in 2012 when I was 37 and it took 4 months to concieve her, pregnancy and birth went like a dream and she was very healthy. I feel a lot more confident this time as I was really nervous about my age with my first. So first month hasn't been successful but I'm staying optimistic :)

So sorry Lou!
My 40th birthday is Sunday so I am feeling blah about that. I'm about to start my first IUI and go to the doctor in the morning. My follies aren't as big as he wanted them to be so I'm not sure that I'll be able to do it this month, which makes me sad. I'll know more after the appointment and will post an update. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

We were originally going to do IUI but weren't ideal candidates for it so had to do IVF instead. My little boy is now 8 weeks old, my miracle baby. Good luck, and happy birthday for Sunday :)

PiggieFarmer, my doctor said he didn't want to try this month unless at least one got to be between 18-20. Luckily, when I went in this morning, my largest one grew to 19 and I had two others at 17, so we were able to do the iui.

I just received a letter from my insurance company giving me a list of things to watch out for during "your pregnancy." HAH! :roll:

Well, AF has showed up yet again, putting an end to cycle #50. :cry: Time to give up or not? I am curious to hear what the 1974 folks have to say... here is my post on this:

LINK: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ve/2132971-50-cycles-no-bfp-time-give-up.html

All I can say is go with whatever feels right to you and DH and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. If you need to stop for your sanity's sake, then stop! We're still trying, but not putting a lot of focus on it either. We have lives to lead outside of TTC, you know? :hugs:

PiggieFarmer I cannot begin to imagine what this is like but all I can say is go with what you feel is the right thing to do for you and dh. I wish you all the best in whatever decision you decide is right for you.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind a newbie. I'm a Dec 74 baby and TTC #1.

Well, AF has showed up yet again, putting an end to cycle #50. :cry: Time to give up or not? I am curious to hear what the 1974 folks have to say... here is my post on this:

LINK: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ve/2132971-50-cycles-no-bfp-time-give-up.html

It's a really tough decision. My dh have been trying for two years. I'm exhausted. I think we will try one more iui then only try naturally. We've done 8 iuis. We will also pursue adoption. I want to get pregnant so bad but exhaustion dictates I get past the emotional roller coaster.

I was reading your posts from 2012 and 2013, didn't get it at first. Why were so many of you sad that AF got you, or starting IVF... when I could see your statuses - goddess25... mom, Kismet - expecting... tessjs ... mom...?!
And then :dohh: that's your current status!!! It all happened to you since then! :happydance:

this gives me so much hope :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->