Born in 1974...

Nope not too late to join (not that I'm the boss of the thread or anything) I love reading all the happy news! Good luck kautostar! Best advice I can give is relax! So much easier said than done but I finally got pregnant once I stopped worrying about getting pregnant and focused on other things...I got engaged and went into wedding planning mode and two days later we conceived!

I hear thats the way of it Lou for so many women.

I guess I would qualify any relaxing with a deadline, something like "relax, but only for six months." After six months or so, relaxing (i.e. not looking into possible problems) could work against you.

(I hope I am properly straddling the line between optimism and pessimism when I say that!)

Piggiefarmer I totally agree. After 3 mths ttc I went to my GP who referred me to an FS, the GP told me to lie & say we'd been ttc for 6 months bcos she doesn't like to waste time at our age. That was last November, since then I've had the various bloods done, follicle count, & HSG done. My AMH came back at 42.8p/mol ( which equates to about 5.8 on the US scale), so it's incredibly high. That 'could' indicate PCOS but I only had 8 follicles when they counted. I'm now seeing a new (super dooper!!) FS tomoro & I'm hoping she will sort me out! So I'm defo a big believer in start getting things checked early on at this age. If we'd waited 12 months we would be way behind the 8 ball by now. I'm 39 in December & were only now actually getting to the nitty gritty with a FS who might be able to figure things out.

Good luck tomorrow JJ. It sounds like you are getting everything sorted out. Hope you get some answers tomorrow and you will have a plan of what to do next.

Hi :flower:

I'm new to this forum... TTC for 1st and I'm 39, DH is 40.
Currently on my 3rd IUI. Both DH and I test OK but haven't
conceive yet.

Still trying to learn all the lingo.. I'm 18dpiui, bpn and no AF yet.
I had really strong symptoms this time around. I had twinges, small
brown/red discharge on 9dpiui, leg cramps, lower back pain.
Trying not to give up hope until AF comes (which should be in 1-2
days).

Glad all your tests came back negative..fingers crossed your not out this month.

Well, AF again for me today, now on cycle #45. They say that the longer you try, the worse your chances. Not a very helpful thought. And we really thought we had it this time: I had two significant surgeries earlier this year, we did everything right this past cycle, the charting was good, and I even had some promising symptoms.

On a related note, I have a friend on Facebook who is a child photographer... and now a pregnant child photographer. Not a good combination for me. She has received dozens of congratulations, but I couldn't bring myself to contribute.

Oh Piggiefarmer am so sorry AF arrived. It just sucks doesn't it. Don't feel guilty for not contributing to all the congratulations- I hate Facebook for that very reason. Infact I deactivated my account in feb this year & have left it that way. I have a sneaky 'family' account which is literally only for contact with my family who are in the UK (I'm in Aust). But I just couldn't take things like ultrasound photos & pregnancy/ birth announcements anymore. I have no grudge against individuals & wish them the best- but I really don't want to know how many aquaintences from a school, Uni, various jobs are expecting when I mostly never see or talk to them anyway. It just rubs salt in a wound that is already stinging. I prefer the 'old days' where u either saw someone pregnant or heard about it word of mouth IF someone remembered to tell you. On Facebook it just non stop constant advertising of other people's lives!

Anyway.. Rant over ; )

Are u having fertility treatment? I'm in the process of doing IVF. Had bloods etc done, OH too, next FS appt I guess we figure out wot next & when we might start.

What the next step for you?

Are u having fertility treatment?

Yes, I have been having treatment of some form for about two years. More recently I had lap surgery in June to remove endo, adhesions, fibroids. Now I am taking Clomid, T3 (for thyroid), and HCG shots each cycle, along with the usual timing and temping. We won't do any IUI, IVF, etc.

With all the treatment, everything checks out... except that I have never been pregnant after 44 cycles of trying. The only thing I could really think is left is poor egg quality, but there is no direct way to assess that.

I can only imagine how difficult it is. I am sorry your both going through this. I can understand re the fb thing. I never post anything on fb about pregnancy, ultrasounds etc I don't feel its the appropriate place. I have so many people on there that do not need to know my buisiness besides I know it can hurt people.

Any ladies still about? I started my TTC journey on this thread and I wondered how everyone is getting on. x

Hey Shanoa
We ended up going through IVF and my little boy is 10 days old today :)

I had a little boy in October and he is almost 3 months old. Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Congratulations ladies! That's such wonderful news. I'm so pleased for you both. xxx

No luck here... AF arrived today mostly on schedule. That was cycle #48.

I turned 39 last month. Still no clear answers. We even had another SA and HSG done recently. We are considering giving up, maybe a few more cycles.

Congrats to those who have made it! :thumbup:

Piggy Farmer, have you considered IVF?

The quick answer is that we have moral objections. But even if that were not an issue, our insurance won't cover any of it, and it is too expensive for us to pay for it ourselves.

Totally understand that. And yes it is expensive. Good luck, you never know what 2014 has in store for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->