bottle fed newborns

fifi83

Reaction score
How many oz does ur little one drink and how often?

Morgan has been having pretty much 5oz every four hours for the last week or so! But over the weekend, she's been getting hungry every 3 hrs and still having 5oz each time and most of the time still seems to want more by the end of the bottle!!! Little piggy!! :rofl: She isn't even sicking up!

And she still measures slightly under average on her weight chart!!!

I'm wondering whether to stick to the three hours or increase the amount slightly? As she seemed to settle far better when she was going every 4 hours?

Also though, she does go longer at night... she can have a bottle about 8-9pm and go through til at least 3-4am!!

Morgan has been having pretty much 5oz every four hours for the last week or so! But over the weekend, she's been getting hungry every 3 hrs and still having 5oz each time and most of the time still seems to want more by the end of the bottle!!! Little piggy!! :rofl: She isn't even sicking up!

I'm wondering whether to stick to the three hours or increase the amount slightly? As she seemed to settle far better when she was going every 4 hours?

Also though, she does go longer at night... she can have a bottle about 8-9pm and go through til at least 3-4am!!

How much does morgan weigh?

if she aint been sick and more settled every 4 hours i personally would increase slightly and go 4 hours.

Ok so phoebe is 3 weeks 4 days, weighing at the moment 5lb 11. She was 3 weeks 1 day early. but im kidda thinking she should be drinking more.

she is on fast flow teats as after one oz she was tired.

So was drinking 2oz every four hours, i tired to increase it to three a couple days of go she was having none of it, so now i am feeding her 2 oz every 3 hours which seems to be working sometimes, but like now i fed her at half 7 and at half ten she would only take an oz in the night its 4 hours cos thats when she wakes.

She can take up to 40 mins to drink 2 oz on fast flow teats, i think the little tinker has learnt how to suck the teat not hard so she doesnt get milk lol.

Just seem so little, but she is gaining weigh.

Ruby has 4 oz bottles every 3 hours during the day and sleeps between 10 pm- 6 am

How much does morgan weigh?

if she aint been sick and more settled every 4 hours i personally would increase slightly and go 4 hours.

She was 7lb 8oz when she was born and at 3 weeks old (6 days ago) she was 8lb 4oz. Taking her again on Thursday to be weighed again.

Isn't 5oz a lot though already???? I don't know how much babies are supposed to have!!! I know there's no hard and set rule as such, but an idea would be nice!!
:dohh:

i no there is no set rule like ya say, but yes a idea wuld be nice,

Looking on my milk box its say

average weigh of baby 7lb 5 3oz, 8lb 8 4 oz, so both our babies i think its prob about right.

Mia varies from 2oz to 4oz every 3 hrs mostly it is 2oz. She was 5lb13oz when born & now weighs 6lb10oz!

3 ounces every three hours, although the last few days she's been taking 4 ounces at quite a few of her feedings. I think Hannah is the biggest baby on here :rofl: She was 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth..........now weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces (although I'm sure by our appointment on Thursday she'll be very close to the 10 pound mark). I wouldn't worry about it fifi, as long as she seems satisfied and is gaining weight, that's what is important :D

Ruby has 4 oz bottles every 3 hours during the day and sleeps between 10 pm- 6 am

wow... im totally jealous! Keeping my fingers crossed my baby sleeps that well at night!

Chloe has 4-5 oz every 4 hours and breast feeds in between!! She has an appetite like her dad!

3 ounces every three hours, although the last few days she's been taking 4 ounces at quite a few of her feedings. I think Hannah is the biggest baby on here :rofl: She was 8 pounds 10 ounces at birth..........now weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces (although I'm sure by our appointment on Thursday she'll be very close to the 10 pound mark). I wouldn't worry about it fifi, as long as she seems satisfied and is gaining weight, that's what is important :D

Lol i think tabs can give you a run for your money.....10lb 3oz at birth and is now 13lbs lol......my lovely little chunk,although she is tall rather than chubby.

She is on 5oz every 3-4 hours but sometimes only has 2 or whatever she fancies. She is on so much medicine that probably counts for some lol!

wow... im totally jealous! Keeping my fingers crossed my baby sleeps that well at night!

Too much like her daddy who loves his sleep then again she is awake most of the day being fussed over by her older brother and sisters :baby:

Max was 6lbs when he was born and he drank abotu 1-2 onz till he was about 3 weeks then it went to 3 onz

now at 3 months 13 lbs he eats about 3-4 and some baby oatmeal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->