Bottle then Breast?

Srrme

Reaction score
Elias had his first oral feeding today -- with a bottle. I'm planning on breastfeeding. Will bottle feeding him interfere? Will it be difficult introducing him to the breast now? :cry:

Yay with the oral feeds!

Gaby wasn't very early but she just couldn't get the hang of breast feeding! I expressed for her and eventually 16 weeks later she took her first feed from me! So its never too late!

Everyone just kept saying to me to keep trying. Put him to the breast at every opportunity and have lots of lovely skin to skin cuddles.

:hugs:

My hospital cup fed Connor when I couldn't be there. When a nursery nurse introduced a bottle 2 weeks after bf and cup feeding it caused problems for us. He hot very frustrated on the breast as the bottle flow is faster. We stopped bottles then, one of the nurses was very annoyed and said that bottle feeding is easier for the staff but in her opinion if you want to bf than cup feeding should only be offered.

I know some have had success with bottle and breast but I have read plenty of stories were Mums think it has interfered with there bf.

My LO didn't have any problems going from bottle to breast. He had bottles of EBM in hospital before discharge with the odd few breast feeds but when home he breast fed for around 3 months with the odd bottle feed until he developed GERD and I started doing more bottle feeds for him to sort that out.

Thanks girls. I'm going to see if I can breastfeed him today.

Any joy with the breastfeeding? Got my fingers crossed for you...x

I thought I'd have some problems as my son was bottlefed at hospital but luckily he latches on and has some breastfeeds. It's all on the individual baby my daughter never latched on and preferred bottle.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to breastfeed until he's oral fed more than once a shift. :( The good news is, he took 20 and 25 ml for me with the bottle last night and today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->