Bottles???

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok so what size bottles do you get and how many of what?? I've finally decided I need to start buying things but I really don't have much of a clue as to what it is I need and quantities......

Could somebody please give me a rough idea.

Thank you,

xxxxx

I have 4 4oz bottles and 4 9oz bottles.

I think it's the teats that are more important than the bottle size.

I had 6 bottles altogether for Faith, all 9oz Tommy Tippy bottles. You can get 4oz bottles that are better for when you're baby's first born and not quite drinking alot but I found with Faith that she was soon on more than 4oz quickly so for me it made sense to have the bigger bottles x

I have 4 4oz bottles and 4 9oz bottles.

I think it's the teats that are more important than the bottle size.

Yeah I agree the teats are more important. I found the Tommy Tippy teats alot softer than the Avent ones and Faith preferred Tommy Tippy to Avent. Also just to let you know cos I've heard alot of people say you can't do it but you can- I put Tommy Tippy teats on Avent bottles and they were fine. It's just incase you buy Avent and find your baby doesn't get on with the teats, the option is there to go and buy a different teat instead of all new bottles (something my friend did!)

Yeah I got Avent bottles, then looked into it after I opened them and wished I had got Tommy ones!

I have to say I do prefer the Tommy Tippy ones all day long and will buy them again with this baby!

Tommie Tippee ones are the best I've had. And yes, as said they do fit on avent bottles, so you can go out and buy tommie tippee teats if you like. Just buy about 6-8 bottles and then all you need to do is buy new teats as he/she progresses with feeding.

Thanks girls, I'm just so confused....so many people are giving me advice but it's not the sort of advice that says so many of this so many of that or that sort of thing. Does that make sense??

xx

Does anyone know what flow rate Tommy Tippee teats you should get for babies of different ages? The ones I saw had slow flow, but will the baby need medium or high?

They should have numbers on them 1-3. Start with 1 which will be slow flow and then as the baby grows older change to 2 and then 3 x

in boots they've got them down as so many months, 1 month old, 2 months ect......?

how many surely depends on if you plan on breast feeding?

I bought just a couple of number 1 teets and two bottles to start off with. i hope to breast feed as much as possible so these would just be used in emergencies or if i cant do it.

if i were you i'd buy a few to see how you get on, and a microwaveable sterliser - this way even if you only have a few you can resteralise things in 2 minutes!

thanks Tiny Toes, I mentioned my worry about not getting anything and leaving it too late to my mum today and she went on about how it's not as if we've got anywhere to store anything and if he comes early someone can run out and buy bits of you need them ect.

This kinda annoyed me, she doesn't seem to be being very supportive but she's not being negitive about it just doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

xx

thanks Tiny Toes, I mentioned my worry about not getting anything and leaving it too late to my mum today and she went on about how it's not as if we've got anywhere to store anything and if he comes early someone can run out and buy bits of you need them ect.

This kinda annoyed me, she doesn't seem to be being very supportive but she's not being negitive about it just doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

xx

i kind of think your mum makes sense...even if this isnt what you want to hear. Thats why i've only got 2. In fact, I bought the Avent microwave steraliser (about £20-£30 I think from mothercare) and it came with 2 bottles inside it, and teets! And a dummy.
If baby arrives I can always pop out to a shop, or stop off at the shop on the way home form the hospital even and get some extras. They're sold all over the palce - supermarkets, pharamcies etc. It'll be fine. Just get the minimum - better that than end up with heaps of expensive bottles you wont use.
And will any luck if all goes well I'll not use bottles at all for the first few weeks, or just occasionally if I can express some.

ive been researching the bottles, apparently the avent ones are made from a dangerous plastic and they also leak quite a bit. so i think im gonna avoid them even tho i thought they were the best as ive seen so many people with them.

ive been researching the bottles, apparently the avent ones are made from a dangerous plastic and they also leak quite a bit. so i think im gonna avoid them even tho i thought they were the best as ive seen so many people with them.

really? wow. I've read such great reports about them

https://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Avent_Feeding_Bottles__54939

i looked up what you were refering to and it seems that its all clear baby bottles...wowser.... hope its not true..

https://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/23/america/plastic.php?page=1

more of a reason to breast feed if we can?

advice from mothercare - looks like we should only use them for 6 months....: https://www.mothercare.com/gp/brows...085031&no=42773041&me=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&mcb=core

https://safemama.com/2007/11/22/bpa-free-bottle-and-sippy-cup-cheat-sheet/

seems useful...looks like maybe i might need to change my mind on avent!

The steraliser isnt clear so I assume thats ok......gosh i do hope so

im not sure how to take this stuff about the plastic in the bottles. but i dont want to do anything thats dangerous. there are glass bottles too, but those seem dangerous to me as they can break, and when you warm them up they must get scorching

im a bit puzzled as to actually when you change the teats but i supose LO will let me know.
i heard about bpa in bottles, i think aslong as you throw them away the min they look damaged its fine, also if they go "sticky" thats when theyre dangerous. as with anything we hear whilst we're pregnant we shouldnt ignore it but then dont panic just take the advise thats given if clear plastic bottles are as dangerous as we are lead to believe they would have been called off the shop shelves.

If your baby gets tired from sucking the bottle (when older) means the flow is now too little. If she chokes a little or pushes it away means the flow is too fast. You'll be fine hunnie, I never had any problem swapping or know what to buy with my 1st. It seems to come second nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->