Boys Names...help!

lauriech

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,

Now I'm quite stuck with names for my little prince and am very very fussy but to make it even worse, so is OH and we don't agree on many. Thing is, he has one name set in his mind (sorry am not giving it away) and I don't think he is likely to think about any others!!!! :dohh: BUT...I really want a few names for when LO is born (I know, I know, I've got ages yet but need to come up with a few more and am so stuck!!!!). ALso need to work on OH with a few names.

Right both me and OH like unusual names, nothing common at all! And....it cannot begin with an 'A' much to my disgust as I like two names that begin with 'A' and it just won't work with the surname! :dohh:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Please don't be offended if I don't like them - I'm just mega fussy!

Thanks Girlies :headspin:

i wish i had suggestions for you... i had some boys names i liked, and i have the same issue that OH doesn't... he likes his name, hates mine. we have agreed on a name for a little girl, but i have a feeling we're having a boy, so it doesn't help! LOL.
i find boys names harder!!!

Well...it's difficult, isn't it? Before we knew we were having a girl, we had 2 different names for each gender. We like different names, but different in that you don't hear them all the time, and that they also have some sort of personal meaning to us.

If we were to have a boy, we liked August or Augustus (we were married in August and my husband's birthday is in August)--I know "A", but I'm simply sharing...and it fit nicely with our last name, Lynch. We also liked Jack (good, solid name) and Leo (husband is a leo, August connection there, too). Here's the kicker...the name had to fit with Aloysius as a middle name--my husband is a 4th generation Aloysius. So, Augustus Aloysius, Jackson Aloysius and my fave, Leo Aloysius.

I loved the names so much that I was just a smidge bummed that babe is a little girl :) Got over it rather quickly, though!!!

Wishing you luck on this one!!!

i wish i had suggestions for you... i had some boys names i liked, and i have the same issue that OH doesn't... he likes his name, hates mine. we have agreed on a name for a little girl, but i have a feeling we're having a boy, so it doesn't help! LOL.
i find boys names harder!!!

See I find girls names much harder - I didn't have any girls names at all but can't come up with much and I like really different names :dohh:

On our list were:

Connor
Kai
Kian
Finley
Jack
Harrison

There not that unusual so this might not help x

We've chosen FRASER if our bundle is a boy!

Now Harrison and Kai were two of my names but after thinking about them, they're not right for this baby (I know I sound nuts!). Harrison I loved for years if I ever had a baby but have gone off it now...

Riley is nice too, will have a think on that one..... :blush:

Jack I love but it's become very common where I live now, still love it though. Someone who used to work for my company called their little boy Jack James and I think it's gorgeous.

The other thing I forgot to mention was, I prefer names with one syllable because everyone abbreviates names to one syllable where I live and it drives me nuts! Although I don't mind people doing it to me, I don't want people doing it to my LO's name!!! :dohh: Sad I know....but...that's not a must!

Thanks so far girls!

I am exactly the same! i cant pick a boys name. Its so much easier to pick a girls name though and have one but i think i am having a boy i dont know. I am mega fussy also. people are saying nice names but they are not sticking for my baby at all.

I did have a few Irish ones choosen which I for some reason went off but they are still nice.
cian keey-in
cillian killian
callum

dont know why they all beginnig with C but they are lol now OH dosnt like any of them and we are mega stuck so will be keeping an eye on your thread for ideas also if you dont mind lol

my fav names for boys are
mason
riley
benson
alfie

x

I liked theo and finley!

A friend of my OH's had a baby a few months back and called him Theo but to be honest, it's not a favourite of mine. Finley is nice, I also like Finlay, but reminds me of a friend of my brothers....

I told you I'm fussy! :dohh:

Sorry girls! x

my fav names for boys are
mason
riley
benson
alfie

x

See Mason is the name we have for a middle name after the first name that OH loves! I like Mason a lot but, I had a little boy in work a few months back called Mason so it just makes me think of him.

I love love love Alfie too...just doesn't go with the damn surname :growlmad:Bloody OH!

I hate it when you know someone called certain names though. means you cant choose them if you dont likethem or think they may turn out like them , i know that sounds offensive but like poeple have picked my ex;s names and asked me why i wasnt choosing them! you wouldnt call your baby after your ex ffs!

finley is nice though but my mates dog is called fin short for finley :(

I hate it when you know someone called certain names though. means you cant choose them if you dont likethem or think they may turn out like them , i know that sounds offensive but like poeple have picked my ex;s names and asked me why i wasnt choosing them! you wouldnt call your baby after your ex ffs!

finley is nice though but my mates dog is called fin short for finley :(

Ha ha - that's like Alfie. Love the name, but my friends dog is called Alfie.

It's a toughie when you're really fussy!

The reason I'm being funny about the name OH likes is because I've never heard it on anyone ever until someone else on here said they were going to call their LO that name and it put me off knowing someone else's baby might have the same name. I'm so pathetic sometimes! :dohh:

you are exactly the same as me! i dont even want a name that 5 boys in its class may have. I want something different but nice. And not someone elses name. This is hard. you know what my mum surgested! Bruce, thats my dogs name and when i reminded her she was fully aware of it. why would i call my kid the same name as the dog??? then she surgested Rudolf :O

We like Louis (pronounced louie loo-ee) if we have a boy but my sister and mum dont like it - lucky its not their baby then lol! I love Alfie but sams friend just named his boy that.

I have a godson called riley and jaidan so they are out the window.

Boys names are hard!!! I like Addison for a boy but OH doesnt like it.

Jake
Tyler/Taylor
Mason
Levi
Max
Jamie
Oliver

just some names that popped into my head! lol

the names i personally like for boys, which my OH doesn't are....
Brody
Jase
Landon
Xander
Riley
Kaden

you are exactly the same as me! i dont even want a name that 5 boys in its class may have. I want something different but nice. And not someone elses name. This is hard. you know what my mum surgested! Bruce, thats my dogs name and when i reminded her she was fully aware of it. why would i call my kid the same name as the dog??? then she surgested Rudolf :O

Ha ha ha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That made me laugh!!!

Now this is sad, I have two jack russells, both girls and when we got them I wanted something cool. They're two naughty sisters so I called them Ronnie and Roxy, ha ha, sad or what! I watch too much TV!!!! :rofl: They so suit their names though - naughty sisters!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->