Boys names...I don't like any

NinaAutumn

Reaction score
The only name I like for a boy is Harrison. My OH isn't sure, he doesn't mind it but he doesn't love it. I keep trawling through names but I literally don't like any of them. Here are some that I like but can't use for a lot of different reasons:

Oscar
Martin
Matthew
Elliot

So my taste is quite plain but not too common...any suggestions would be great

I love the name Harrison too. You kind of have my taste in boys names, I think. If we had a boy, we were going to go with Calvin Eugene.

I never thought of the name Oscar before but I really like it! I actually like all of your selections :)

I like Calvin but our surname begins with 'C' and I am not a huge fan of alliteration haha

Hubby and I were having problems with Boy names. We started TTC in July 2008 and started looking at names then, we finally agreed on a Girls name in November 2012 and I think we have our Boys name. Lol. All the names I loved he hated but he didn't come up with any of his own. Men. *sigh*

Anyway:

Dominic
Christopher
Sebastian
Ciaran
Stewart
Oliver
Hunter
*Hercules*

Some of the names I had in my favourites list. *Hercules* - It was mentioned as a joke and whilst I would never call a child that (surely it's child abuse?? God complex??) I actually love the name. :haha:

Hope this helps a little.

We went through our entire pregnancy with Coralie as team yellow without a boys name :dohh: We just didn't like any. This time we have a few;

Jayden
Ashley
Hayden
Mark

I think we've settled on Ashley Jayden, but I like Jayden Ashley so who knows :shrug:

Boys names are hard, girls names were sooo much easier.

we struggled with DS name it took us ages to decide - Toby.

this time we also struggled but have both decided on - jaxon.

names are soo hard! x

we have the exact same problem as you, the only name I like for a boy is Everett, we had no problem agreeing on a girls name together, but DH wasn't sure on my name choice for a boy, he just said "it's ok," and that he supposes he can live with it :/ it kind of bothered me at first, but when I thought about it after trying to find a name we both agree on with no such luck, I decided I couldn't imagine my son with any other name now, and that I would take his opinion and run with it, so we both agreed on Everett Samuel, and I'm finding that it's slowly starting to grow on him, so maybe give it some time and see how he feels about Harrison in a couple weeks.

How about something fairly traditional like Harry, Alfie or Jack? We had Jack as our boys name until we found out she was a girl!

LOVE the name Oscar!

I've struggled on boys names too cos the ones i liked are turning out to be popular now like Noah, Lucas and Luca and I don't want a too popular name. Until I found out yesterday I'm having a boy I was thinking of the name Shay Cohen for him but now I'm more for Cohen as the first name cos I don't know anyone with that name. Do u ladies think its a bit weird for a name???

All I can do is offer some guys names I know and like... All names have been hard for me. I narrowed it down to two girl names and two boy names, and I think we have it finally narrowed down to one each that we both agree on.

My son's name is Daniel Julian
My brothers are Matthew David and Samuel Joseph.
My pick for a boy is Gabriel Matthew.

I've struggled on boys names too cos the ones i liked are turning out to be popular now like Noah, Lucas and Luca and I don't want a too popular name. Until I found out yesterday I'm having a boy I was thinking of the name Shay Cohen for him but now I'm more for Cohen as the first name cos I don't know anyone with that name. Do u ladies think its a bit weird for a name???

Luca was my #1 choice for a boy but DH said no, he HATED it. Boo... I love it.
Also, Cohen is a very traditional Jewish surname. I read a whole article about how the Jewish community I guess doesn't like the trend in starting to use it as first name. If you are Jewish, it's most likely a non-issue

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/05/05/the-big-baby-naming-battle.html

I found boy's names so hard!

When I was expecting my son, I loved the name Rory and would always talk to the bump Rory this, Rory that! My DH wasn't sure, but we called him Rory (although the circumstances were somewhat different from what I imagined)

Then when I feel pregnant again, I was like what am I going to call a boy. We liked George, Oscar , Leo, Matthew, Harry, Alfie - but you may feel they are too popular....

Names I liked, DH hated and we never agreed on one.

We found out we were having a girl, which I though woudl be easier and we think(!) we have decided but it is so hard.

I am sure you will pick the perfect name for your little boy!

xx

Luca was my #1 choice for a boy but DH said no, he HATED it. Boo... I love it.
Also, Cohen is a very traditional Jewish surname. I read a whole article about how the Jewish community I guess doesn't like the trend in starting to use it as first name. If you are Jewish, it's most likely a non-issue

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/05/05/the-big-baby-naming-battle.html

Cohen is also an Irish surname. I'm in the uk and don't know of any Jews, also I'm not religious. Tbh when I think of a name I'm not really bothered by what it means its weather I like it or not. I don't think ill have any problems using it in the uk lol

Cohen is also an Irish surname. I'm in the uk and don't know of any Jews, also I'm not religious. Tbh when I think of a name I'm not really bothered by what it means its weather I like it or not. I don't think ill have any problems using it in the uk lol[/QUOTE]

I have no feelings about it one way or another... I just found it a coincidence that I had literally just read the article (searching for baby names myself, of course), and then I saw your post!

We are having the same problem. I like Finn but DH hates it. I've suggested Matthew, Leo, Ben, Harry (Harrison), Alfie, Seb and Roahn (Celtic meaning little red haired one - I've got ginger hair so there's a good chance!)

He hates every single one and has yet to suggest anything himself. Other than Willam, which is his name!! Xx

Cohen is also an Irish surname. I'm in the uk and don't know of any Jews, also I'm not religious. Tbh when I think of a name I'm not really bothered by what it means its weather I like it or not. I don't think ill have any problems using it in the uk lol

I have no feelings about it one way or another... I just found it a coincidence that I had literally just read the article (searching for baby names myself, of course), and then I saw your post![/QUOTE]

Lol how weird! Maybe it's meant to be my baby's name then lol. I'd not really heard of the name before but one day woke up and it was in my head! :)

We are having the same problem. I like Finn but DH hates it. I've suggested Matthew, Leo, Ben, Harry (Harrison), Alfie, Seb and Roahn (Celtic meaning little red haired one - I've got ginger hair so there's a good chance!)

He hates every single one and has yet to suggest anything himself. Other than Willam, which is his name!! Xx

I like Finn, my friend's little boy is called Finn. Leo was also on an old list but OH vetoed it :(

Such a pain. We both loved Harrison and then he started googling how popular it was and got all weird about it being the 48th most popular name in the UK. I said I didn't care. He can't shake it though. So annoying. MEN! :growlmad:

I might over rule him haha. He dislikes everything to be honest. Clothes, toys, nursery bedding, names...the lot. I think I will just sort it all and he'll have to deal with it.

We are going with Gabriel if our baby is a boy. But other names that have been on our list since baby #1 are:

Benjamin
Matthew
Drew(this is what we ended up using for our son's name)
Michael

I like Finn, my friend's little boy is called Finn. Leo was also on an old list but OH vetoed it :(

Such a pain. We both loved Harrison and then he started googling how popular it was and got all weird about it being the 48th most popular name in the UK. I said I didn't care. He can't shake it though. So annoying. MEN! :growlmad:

I might over rule him haha. He dislikes everything to be honest. Clothes, toys, nursery bedding, names...the lot. I think I will just sort it all and he'll have to deal with it.

Are we married to the same man?!? Seriously, after Ive spent days in pain trying to push this baby out, I'll be getting my own way. End of! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->