Braxton Hicks...i'm presuming?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by bex3614, Nov 16, 2011.

1. bex3614

bex3614 Well-Known Member

Ive only just started experiencing Braxton Hicks these past few days (im presuming its them, as they arn't regular) i rang my birth centre this aft and told them about me having diarrheoa for the past 2 days, and these stomach pains, and she said it is my body preparing itself, and the pains are more than likely Braxton Hicks. This is the first time ive had any pains during my pregnancy. I have read and been told that Braxton Hicks arn't painful and usually last from 30-60 seconds. But mine are quite painful, and last at least 2 mins, and i have to breath quickly through them. I also feel quite hot when experiencing the pains. Im 37 weeks tomorrow. Is anybody else experiencing them like this? :shrug: x

2. mum2liam

mum2liam Well-Known Member

yup!! mine take my breath away, and are really irregular although i get loads, mostly at night! mine are getting more and more painful the further on i get, but im not sure if that means anything.
    every little twinge now gets me exited lol

good luck when the time comes!!

3. bex3614

bex3614 Well-Known Member

Oh glad someone else is experiencing the same :) Thought it was just me that was finding them painful!

Thankyou :) And good luck to you too! x