Braxton Hicks

augustbaby09

Reaction score
Ok so i think iam deffinantly getting them :cry: . This morning i woke up at 5am because had to go wee and could feel baby kicking loads so knew right away it was going to be a hyper day. As on Sunday i was worried because she wasnt her usual kicky self.

Anyways for few days ive noticed stomach gettign hard when she rolls into me but then noticed my stomach would go tight and hard on both sides from belly belly button (today seems to be more b.h then any other day). They don't last long but i have had them quite few times today - iam an extremly panicky person anyways and i think ive made things worse by lying down and then concentrating on it and making myself feel more scared.

They aren't painful (although iam slightly achey - think where i did a lot of walking yesterday/combined with normal stretching/growing) When my stomach goes rock hard its just uncomfortable which then makes me freak out even more. Ive got my normal appointment with midwife tomorrow anyways for 24wks. Iam currently 24wks 4days.

I do know people can get them early but im so nervous and thinking is it a bit too early , should i be getting them more then once in the day and wondering how i can relax myself as me getting worked up and upset is making my whole body tense up and heart pound. Baby is particularly active today as well which is nice but it making me find it hard to lie and relax. :cry::cry:.

The more i read on the internet too it gets me worried as they say they shouldn't be too frequesnt and ive had it quite few times today.Now iam just going to peices and im so scared. :(

i know its easier said than done but try not to worry to much as they are normal, if you are concernred ring your midwife/nhs and speak to someone about it, i wouldnt rely on internet searching it just causes more panic lol. :hug: xx

Thanks -
ive looked in my books and internet and then you panic even more. I know they normal but when it happens its so scary. Luckily no pain though just discomfort when it happens and ive not had any more today. I did read on one website it said if you have done too much exercise etc it can trigger them.
I can't say i did that as such but i did do a lot of walking around shops yesterday - so im hoping that maybe that had something to do with it as this morning i also had a sore leg like a growing pain in my calf.

Im just one of those people who gets a headache and thinks oh no its a brain tumour or something else serious :(. I won't ring midwife unless suddenly later iam in agony or something...as iam seeing her tomorrow.So hopefully she too will tell me its all normal and just my bodies way of preparing ....even if it does seem early :( xx

I'm getting them already, and I'm only 21 weeks...only had 3 or 4, and they have been a few days apart...but I still pee my pants (metaphorically, not literally!) every time they happen. MW and obgyn say they are totally normal and just our bodies getting prepared for the big event.

hi...i dont think you need to worry at all. when i was at my highrisk doctor on monday i asked her about the braxton hicks as i am getting them at 18 weeks. she said many women get them as early as 12 weeks and as long as not accompanied by blood or a lot of pain no need to worry. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->