breakfast or presents first.

DCS

Reaction score
What do you do? Breakfast first or dig into the gifts first ?
We usualy come down and do breakfast then go into the living room to see what Santa got. The doors always wrapped up so they can't see in. Feels a bit mean making them wait though but I can't see them eating once they have seen all their new stuff.
What do you do?

I'd be far too excited to wait till we've eaten breakfast! :haha:

Dd's not usually big on breakfast anyway, so she'll probably only eat a bit of toast or a tube yog as usual.

Kids open theirs, then whilst they play we make breakfast, then we open ours after kids are done xx

I'll make breakfast whilst kids open their stockings, then presents after breakfast

Presents! I'm far too excited to make the kids wait. :D I'm a big kid myself on Christmas and there's no way I'm waiting, lol.

I don't think I could wait, let alone my ds. Saying that though he does always ask for breakfast as soon as he opens his eyes so I don't know if he might actually one breakfast. He's just gone 3 and this is the first year he'll actually understand what's going on so I'm guessing once he sees the presents he'll to dive into them.

When he was very diddy we'd have breakfast first, just so he wouldn't get hungry and cranky in the excitement.
Now it's presents first. I dislike it because I'm an "eat as soon as I get up" kinda person, but I feel like it'd cut into the atmosphere of the morning a bit if we stopped to eat first (plus we'd have to walk past the gifts to get to the kitchen).

Presents first... It's more exciting that way and we also would have to walk past them to the kitchen unless I hid them in a different room.

Santa! My dd is not big on breakfast anyways, so we'll do presents and then nibble on something. I'd never be able to wait either :)

Stockings, then breakfast then presents. Usually waiting for someone to get up so may as well.

We do presents and than snack on Chocolate :haha:

Presents then breakfast. I can't imagine it any other way. Kids wait so long for Santa that I can't imagine them being willing to wait.

And if gifts are at Grannies house, they should be given out fairly soon after the family gathers - not between courses of dinner - just my thoughts!

This is the first year we're doing a proper Christmas breakfast and I'm hoping it will be stockings, breakfast presents but im not sure that will happen!

We usually start opening gifts whilst DH makes a cuppa! DS wouldnt go much on waiting and having breakfast first x

Always presents first, no way could we wait for breakfast before presents everyone is far to excited :happydance::happydance:

Presents first. I can't imagine being able to eat first when I was a child. Between excitement and the hurry to eat fast so I could go see what Santa had brought, I'd probably have vomited everywhere. After presents we eat as the absolute manicness has come off the excitement and it settles into happiness and then it's nice to gather for a yummy breakfast, chill and savour the joy.

Now I just feel mean. Ds was 3 and 9 months and dd was 6 months last year so a lot more willing to wait. Both kids get in a right funny mood if hungry. Might just have some snacks bits out in the living room and save a proper breakfast for once the excitement wears down. Another reason we do breakfast first is because ohs family come round at 9. So we like to have eaten by then. But I'm sure I can make it work. I realy can't see ds waiting or eating if he knows there is presents waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->