breakfast or presents first.

Stockings, then breakfast, then tree presents :)

Ok I'm the serious oddball here.

We do stockings, breakfast and presents AFTER LUNCH

We were both bought up doing this so cant imagine doing anything else.

Presents as soon as he comes down and he can eat anything he wants from his stocking, we do brunch about 11 when things have settled own a bit. I have a standing brunch invitation which i put out to any family or friends who fancy joining us as it's a good way of catching up with lots of people without interfering with anyones lunch/dinner plans.
We were always allowed to 'sneak' down on Christmas morning and discover our gifts by ourselves, very exciting, then we'd race up to mum and dad to tell them what we'd gotten. It was always very relaxed and informal and i loved it.

Presents first! :happy dance: The kids will no doubt dig into the chocolate they've been given before breakfast. What the heck, it's Christmas after all.

Presents first! :happy dance: The kids will no doubt dig into the chocolate they've been given before breakfast. What the heck, it's Christmas after all.

Wish I had this will-power! We have Santa gifts before and during breakfast. Then we all get dressed and open the presents under the tree. Santa brings around 4 presents each so the majority are under the tree. We open them veerrryyy slowly so they can be savoured/appreciated more. They sometimes last til after lunch. X

Presents first then breakfast. We used to do santa presents, breakfast then tree presents when I was younger but Alex can't wait for that yet haha

Wow! That's even more willpower than I have, lol! It's hard waiting until after breakfast, but we manage that. I couldn't handle waiting til after lunch!

Stockings, breakfast, presents. And by breakfast I mean chocolate, obviously :winkwink:

Presents first. There's no room to walk into the lounge when all the presents are out so no way we could sit and eat breakfast anyway. And absolutely no chance of leaving it til lunchtime unless we sat on the floor in the hallway all day lol!
Breakfast here is mainly chocolate on Christmas Day anyway haha - we go to my nanas for around 9am and my grandad has always done bacon and sausages for the whole family by the time we arrive :)
Washed down with champagne or orange juice - hiccup.

Stockings, Santa presents and then breakfast. After breakfast we open the rest of the gifts :)

We open presents as soon as we go downstairs and then once everyone has opened all their presents we have breakfast :)

We take the kids lead. Usually they open straight away but last year my then 3 yr old asked for breakfast mid way through opening which was fine and he just ate on the sofa & watched his sisters.
This year I'm working so Santa is visiting grandmas. Daddy will open stockings at home with the kids and I'll meet them at my mums at lunch time for tree presents :)!

Definitely presents! OH will get up before we wake LO up (he's 3 so not quite at the 'not sleeping because he's too excited stage') and go downstairs to turn the lights on and make coffee. We'll then head downstairs, open all of our presents and then I'll make breakfast whilst OH and LO play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->