breakfast or presents first.

We always do presents first due to excitment lol! Don't even think about breakfast usually but this year i'll be 12 wks pregnant and have awful nausea :( so i'll need to eat something to get through the present opening without throwing up.

It varies depending on where we are and who we're with, but it's usually stockings, breakfast, Church, tree presents, lunch. The children are happy to wait as they have all their stocking presents to play with, plus everyone brings another gift to open in Church. Then we can take our time over tree presents. Sometimes we don't finish them all before lunch, but we find it's too overwhelming to do it in one go anyway. It keeps the excitement going all day!

Presents then kids never want breakfast they just have lots of chocolate

Definately presents first. Kids usually have a pancake r something after presents are opened. We will have croissants and a cuppa. Nothing fancy. Boys then open more presents as family brings them with them

Presents. There is no way my girls would be willing to eat first. Im too excited to see them open their presents anyway, so breakfast can wait!

Guess I'm the oddball here, lol. We have always done breakfast first. We are all eat as soon as you wake up type people, though, so they'd never make it through all the gifts without getting cranky over being hungry. It's usually a quick breakfast, though, nothing super fancy. Cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk or orange juice.

My DD will probably be too excited for breakfast. We will probably open half the presents then have breakfast. Last year she got a bit fed up with opening presents lol.

We open stockings upstairs, and usually have some of the chocolate out of them as we go along! Then when we go downstairs we'll at least start on the presents, then have breakfast when we feel like it. Kind of depends how long the opening takes. They usually like to play with each one for a bit once they open them, but that gets less and less as they get older. I remember as a child feeling sick with excitement on Christmas morning, so don't think I could have eaten breakfast first! Quality Street was breakfast of choice, then a bacon butty later in the morning. Mmmmm!

Presents first!!
We let them open stockings while i make myself a coffee, i have to wake up with a coffee before presents lol but after we open everything we make bacon and eggs and cinamon buns for breakky :)

I'm not much of a breakfast lover anyway & the kids are normally too excited to open presents so it's always presents first & then snack on junk food when ever we feel hungry! I was tempted to try breakfast this year but after discussing we decided it would be a waste of time etc as they just wouldn't be interested! xx

We have presents in bed first (their sacks) then we come down and see what else Santa has bought. We make breakfast quick and easy so we can have fun with the girls. Having croissants, crumpets and cereal. Maybe a couple of boiled eggs too.

We usually go straight to presents, but this year we may bring back a little old tradition. When I was little my mum used to go down stairs in the morning to check if Santa had been, and make tea for us all while down there. We used to wait on tenter hooks upstairs. When she'd come back to confirm and we'd enjoy the only cup of milky tea we'd drink all year and a box of special biscuits, hounding mum about how many presents she saw and if there was one the shape of 'a bike' for example. That little bit extra anticipation would eat us alive and at the same time be so magical. Of course mum would toy with us and joke around that she couldnt be sure. Those moments are some of my fondest memories from christmas morning. I think it also gave us a little time to just be together, before the over excitement ensued. The breaky is something we always do after presents as I like to sit at the table. It's quick and easy salmon and eggs all round and we'd have built up a good appetite by then.

When I was very little we did presents then breakfast, when I got a bit older we did it the other way around.
Now Jacobs here, he'll normally open one or two, have breakfast, the more presents! He has so many from all the family it normally takes him 2 days to open them all (I stagger them so he doesn't get overwhelmed!) I've been restrained this year with presents though, so hopefully I won't be taking home an entire toy shop in my car!

I put a cereal bar in his stocking something I wouldn't normally buy. He will have a few bites of that while opening stocking.

There is no way I could convince Colin to wait for presents until after breakfast....or me either :haha:

Presents, always presents. My DD isnt much of a breakfast person anyway and neither are we really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->