Breaking out like a teenager....am I alone here?

sandandsun

Reaction score
I've heard it's common for pregnant women to get acne, but I never thought it would happen to ME because I haven't had acne since I was 19 years old!! I went from having nice skin to looking like a teenager!!

I'm 9 weeks, and it all started a week ago. I woke up one day with acne on my chest and my face! While it's not severe, it is noticeable and I feel so self-conscious and just....yucky. :(

Anyone else dealing with this? Just want to know I'm not alone. Has anything worked for you? And does it get better later in the pregnancy??

20 weeks here, still breaking out. :dohh: Nothing really helps me, either, since it's hormonal. Sorry I didn't have better news for you! I had bad breakouts with my DD and have a feeling this one is a girl, too, so maybe you've got a girly, too. :winkwink:

20 weeks here, still breaking out. :dohh: Nothing really helps me, either, since it's hormonal. Sorry I didn't have better news for you! I had bad breakouts with my DD and have a feeling this one is a girl, too, so maybe you've got a girly, too. :winkwink:

Ahh, sorry to hear. Guess I just have to suck it up. BUT I've always wanted a little girl, so that would be the best news ever! Can't wait to find out! :) As the myth goes, "Girls steal your beauty." Would be true in this case!! haha

Ahh, sorry to hear. Guess I just have to suck it up. BUT I've always wanted a little girl, so that would be the best news ever! Can't wait to find out! :) As the myth goes, "Girls steal your beauty." Would be true in this case!! haha

I've heard that you can have worse acne with girls because of the extra estrogen. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it worked out that way with my DD!

I had terrible skin when I was preggers with DD and have broken out really badly again now (nearly 8 weeks). I've been using something called face b4 from boots and it's the best thing I've ever used for my skin. It can be quite drying but it gets my spots under control in days. May be worth a try?! Xx

Yup 12 weeks and 4days and I have bumps all on my face smdh. Not to mention I itch like crazzzyyyy lol

My ache is horrible! I never even really broke out as a teenager and I keep getting pimples all over my face, it's horrible and my face is oily. Yukk! I feel just nasty

I had terrible skin when I was preggers with DD and have broken out really badly again now (nearly 8 weeks). I've been using something called face b4 from boots and it's the best thing I've ever used for my skin. It can be quite drying but it gets my spots under control in days. May be worth a try?! Xx

I will definitely look into that! Thanks for the suggestion! I'd rather have dry skin than big, red zits!! :p

My ache is horrible! I never even really broke out as a teenager and I keep getting pimples all over my face, it's horrible and my face is oily. Yukk! I feel just nasty

Awww, I know EXACTLY how you feel. They just keep showing up, even in places I never had them as a teen, like my chest! I'm someone who used to feel fairly confident in her appearance. Definitely not feeling that way now! Hubby keeps telling me I'm beautiful and that it's because I'm growing our beautiful baby....as sweet as he's being, it still doesn't help! :wacko:

I'm about 21 weeks and my face started breaking out about two weeks ago. I hardly experienced it before pregnancy except around time of the month but even with DS I hardly had any acne with him. It's frustrating because it's not really going away even with washing my face, using toner and everything that normally helps me get rid of acne.

Never had acne as a teenager or anything and now my lower face, neck and chest are covered. I didn't get it with my first pregnancy either so didn't expect it with this one. Oh the joys!

I had moderate acne as a teen, however throughout my twenties I've always gotten compliments of how clear my skin WAS.... I feel like they jinxed me! lol.

At about 6 weeks I started breaking out like crazy. My whole jaw line, chin, cheeks, even a big honker on my nose! I even found one where my thigh meets my buttcheek lol! :( So far there's no end in site, I'm starting to buy into that myth...I definitely feel like my beauty is being sucked out with a straw lol

I feel your pain, ladies. :( I've had every pregnancy symptom thus far, but honestly, this one bothers me the most. Fatigue...I can rest...Morning sickness....I try my best and eat when I can...but I know those both will pass. But acne? Takes a major toll on one's self-esteem!!

I had moderate acne as a teen, however throughout my twenties I've always gotten compliments of how clear my skin WAS.... I feel like they jinxed me! lol.

At about 6 weeks I started breaking out like crazy. My whole jaw line, chin, cheeks, even a big honker on my nose! I even found one where my thigh meets my buttcheek lol! :( So far there's no end in site, I'm starting to buy into that myth...I definitely feel like my beauty is being sucked out with a straw lol

I feel the same way!! Of course I'm thankful for what my body is doing right now (growing a baby!), but why oh why does it have to make me feel so self-conscious, too? I even found two pimples on my back the other day. That never happened even as a teenager! I'm 27 and have had nice skin for about 8 years now...didn't think I'd be going back to oily teenager skin! :shrug:

Lol I didn't think I would be either, I never had oily skin! This is terrible I always felt so pretty while I was pregnant before, so not feeling that way now!

Ive woken up this morning with a ton of spots :( and ive never had more than 2 spots at a time and I normally suffer with dry skin on my face but lately its just been oily. X

I'm in my sixth week and yes, acne on the face and chest. Very annoying. I suspect it's going to be a girl. My mom says when you have a girl.. your face becomes less attractive.

I just scratch at them and make them worse. Lol. I can't help it. They drive me insane! But that was my first hint that I was pregnant- I started getting pimples everywhere! And I never even got pimples when I went through puberty. Blaaaaaaaah!

Happy to hear I'm not alone but sad we're all dealing with this.:shrug: Hopefully our skin will start to clear up soon...

What is all this hype about the pregnancy "glow" and having beautiful skin? Hasn't happened for me! Maybe that comes later? lol I think I was lied to! If it's because I'm having a girl, I would be happy about that! Although, my boss broke out a lot in her pregnancy and she had a boy...

I've decided to make an appointment with my dermatologist. I've been reading that there ARE some category B (likely very safe) prescription cleansers/topical treatments that can be used in pregnancy. I don't think I should have to feel so ugly through my pregnancy, and I'd love to find something that can help! (Call me vain, but I think a pregnant woman should feel confident and happy with her appearance, considering most changes are out of her control.) Of course, I'll get any prescription cleared by my ob/gyn first!

Happy to hear I'm not alone but sad we're all dealing with this.:shrug: Hopefully our skin will start to clear up soon...

What is all this hype about the pregnancy "glow" and having beautiful skin? Hasn't happened for me! Maybe that comes later? lol I think I was lied to! If it's because I'm having a girl, I would be happy about that! Although, my boss broke out a lot in her pregnancy and she had a boy...

I've decided to make an appointment with my dermatologist. I've been reading that there ARE some category B (likely very safe) prescription cleansers/topical treatments that can be used in pregnancy. I don't think I should have to feel so ugly through my pregnancy, and I'd love to find something that can help! (Call me vain, but I think a pregnant woman should feel confident and happy with her appearance, considering most changes are out of her control.) Of course, I'll get any prescription cleared by my ob/gyn first!

With my DS they cleared up around the 2nd tri but came back, but not as bad, in the third. However, it's a very hot summer si I can't say for sure. Hopefully though, with us experiencing our third tri in the winter we wont have to worry about the comback for ache.
Though, oy... trying to walk on ice isn't going to be fun while so heavily pregnant. :dohh:

*Keeps poking at a big pimple on her face*

yep my acne is pretty bad at times
it come and goes
but i had acne before too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly