Breast Feeding and Pacifier?

ours takes the ones they gave in the hospital - it is supposed to be closest to the breast and you can get them at walmart

i breast, bottle n give dummy, he doesnt always take dummy tho x

I asked the lactation consultant about this b/c I wanted to avoid the nipple confusion thing. She told me to try and wait till 6 weeks--not because of nipple confusion, but because the pacifier can change the shape of their palate. However, I'm worried that if I wait that long, lo may not take it at all. My lo is 4 weeks and we've managed to go without it, and recently he's discovered he can suck on his fingers.
I'm curious where I can get the soothie brand. My baby wasn't born in a hospital so we didn't get one.

My DD is 3 weeks and I don't know what to do about a dummy - whether to introduce one or not - if I do is it 4-6 weeks thats recommended like with a bottle?

I asked the lactation consultant about this b/c I wanted to avoid the nipple confusion thing. She told me to try and wait till 6 weeks--not because of nipple confusion, but because the pacifier can change the shape of their palate. However, I'm worried that if I wait that long, lo may not take it at all. My lo is 4 weeks and we've managed to go without it, and recently he's discovered he can suck on his fingers.
I'm curious where I can get the soothie brand. My baby wasn't born in a hospital so we didn't get one.

They sell the soothie brand pretty much everywhere. I know for sure walmart has them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->