Breast Feeding Antinatal Class

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, we are going to book our antinatal classes soon. It's in three parts but all in one day. Morning session is about pre labour, early afternoon session is about birth and late afternoon session is about breast feeding. My OH is allowed to the first and second session but not the third.

My question is that do u think its worth me going to the BF session if I'm not planning on BF'ing? What would you do? x

I think it would still be worth going, can't hurt to have the info anyway!
I would if it were me! (Even if I wasn't planning on breast feeding)

The bit on bf i personally thought was the best bit! :) x

I wouldn't but that's because I would rather go home and put my feet up lol!

You'd have nothing to lose by going. BUT our class on it last time (I didn't go this time, it was the same MW and she didn't think there was any point in going again so soon after DD1) was more about BF promotion and not any real practical advice.

All I would say is be prepared for the breast is best campaign if you do go - especially if you mention to them that you don't plan to do it.

I agree with the bf campaign advice. I was forced into my 3rd bf "class" with this baby and instead of teaching any real techniques, problem solving, etc the entire class was about breast is best. I have breast fed just under 2 years and felt the class failed to do anything for new moms

Why don't they let men in the breastfeeding class? Any knowledge can only help them be more supportive. The hospital here strongly encourages both parents to attend.

I attended the breast feeding class even though I'm not BF and I wish I hadn't.

I asked the week before if there would be any talk of formula feeding and was told even though the focus is on BF, there would be some FF coverage.

There was none. 100% biased BF for 2hrs...

I found the BFing class the best one & the shortest one! They said that they are not supposed to promote formula feeding but did not make anyone feel bad if they didn't plan on BFing. I also found that more other halves attended this session than the previous two. I personally wouldn't go if I didn't want to BF.

I cancelled my BF class because my friend went to the same class the month before and hated it. She told me about how it was just a sounding board for the 'breast is best' campaign. Isn't offer you any practical advice on
If you were struggling just said to persevere and didn't even mention formula as an option.

2 hours of that on a Saturday morning sounded like torture.

Why wouldn't your OH be 'allowed'?

My BF class is in next weeks antenatal session and all the men will be there. It's important for them too.

No idea sue. Tbh I'm not great at remembering things and my oh has a brain like a sponge when it comes to info so I would rather he be there for that section. Doesn't seem right. Another reason why I'm thinking of giving it a miss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->