Breast feeding question

Mcmac115

Reaction score
I am 13w 3d as of today. I had a breast augmentation in 2013 with an incision around the nipple. I have been so stressed that I will not be able to breast feed due to the fact that sometimes an incision around the nipple can destroy the milk duct glands. I have recently starting to see clear sticky liquid secreet (colostrum?) Does this mean that I will most likely be able to breast feed? I know none of us are doctors but anyone with experience with the same issue - some advice/input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I've had no problems breastfeeding 3 after a lift/augmentation. Good luck!

I'm not a medical professional, but it sounds to me like the fact that you are producing colostrum and it's able to leak is a good sign that you will be able to breastfeed.

I agree with the above. The leaking seems like a good sign. If you are 100% wanting to breastfeed I suggest watching videos and reading up as much as you can to learn latches and different holds. I breastfed both of mine, one for 3.5 years and the other for 3y2m and even I plan on rewatching videos for a perfect latch to refresh my memory so I can be super prepared. It can be a challenging thing so going in it armed with a lot of info will be super beneficial for you especially if you are already worried. :flower: but I definitely think having colostrum already is an amazing sign. I'm 16w and still haven't had any and I only just quit breastfeeding my second DD 5 months ago. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->