breast feeding technique?

MissPolley

Mum of one
Reaction score
im qurious, alot of people are saying that women are not informed on how to breast feed and that a baby might bot be latched on properly, is there a technique to feeding a baby then???

Yes. The nipple has to be positioned deep enough in the baby's mouth but not too deeply. The latch is the key to the whole thing! If it hurts, then something is not quite right. That is the thing to remember. If you the latch is totally correct then you won't ever have soreness. I got the latch wrong once at the beginning of my BFing days, and had a touch of soreness. Aside from that one time, I have never had any soreness or cracking caused by BFing.

Here is a great resource for latching:

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/basics/latch-resources.html

Intresting link :) Although what happens if your baby is tongue tied like mine , what do you do in that case ? since my Hospital will not operate on babies with tongue tie anymore

Depending on the severity of the tongue tie a baby can still breast feed, but it can be hard work. If you want to BF and your hospital says they won't help I'd go somewhere else and get the help you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->