BreaSt pump Ameda lactaline anyone used?

I've got one and I really like it, but I've never tried it as a double pump. I do respond well to a pump, but my baby is almost 5 months old and I can pump 4oz in about 8 minutes with it. More when she was younger.

It's a closed pump system, so is safe to buy second hand and you can buy new pump parts (flange, bottles etc) if you want to. Mine was £65 on Ebay.

They use these type in hospitals and they are really good I hired one and was pumping 5oz every 3 hours after just a week. They are really good and if I had carried on expressing I wouldve bought one x

Its ok but the suction is poor when double pumping and in my opinion only so-so when single pumping, I got mine a few years ago when they were £70 but recently they have suddenly almost doubled in price for no real reason (went up to £90 and were suddenly £150!). There is a pump called the spectra3 you may want to take a look at; although its not aesthetically the most pretty pump I have heard many positive reviews both in real life and on review sites and blogs, it is really cheap at around £50 and can easily be converted into a double pump. These are the number one hospital pump brand in SE Asia and all their pumps can be made closed system with a little device that fits onto the tubing that costs around £5 (this is also available on Amazon) xx

They use these type in hospitals and they are really good I hired one and was pumping 5oz every 3 hours after just a week. They are really good and if I had carried on expressing I wouldve bought one x

Its not the Ameda lactaline they use in hospitals; its the Ameda Elite, there is a huge difference between the suction and cycling adjustability and motor power of the two xx

Ohh no it's so confusing & really expensive to b making the wrong choice :-/ going round in circles lol

I used the Ameda Lactaline in hospital for the first week - I'm sure it was the Lactaline because I remember the name of it clearly and have never heard the name of the other one Summer Rain has mentioned. I'm up in Scotland though - so we probably use different machines up here. Anyway, it was a brilliant machine, and I credit it with giving me such a good supply at the start, which enabled me to go on and exclusively express for 3 months.

When home, I used the basic tomee tippee hand pump for a week or so, until my Spectra 3 came through from Amazon. It was a good machine, but a bit slow compared to the Lactaline. I actually found the hand pump just as effective in getting the same volume out as the Spectra, but needed to Spectra for double pumping to save time overall (and my sanity lol).

Hope this helps.

Laura x

I used the Ameda Lactaline in hospital for the first week - I'm sure it was the Lactaline because I remember the name of it clearly and have never heard the name of the other one Summer Rain has mentioned. I'm up in Scotland though - so we probably use different machines up here. Anyway, it was a brilliant machine, and I credit it with giving me such a good supply at the start, which enabled me to go on and exclusively express for 3 months.

When home, I used the basic tomee tippee hand pump for a week or so, until my Spectra 3 came through from Amazon. It was a good machine, but a bit slow compared to the Lactaline. I actually found the hand pump just as effective in getting the same volume out as the Spectra, but needed to Spectra for double pumping to save time overall (and my sanity lol).

Hope this helps.

Laura x
I'm in Glasgow! :) I think I'll just go for it with the lactaline or I'll never pick one x

Hope this helps.

Laura x
I'm in Glasgow! :) I think I'll just go for it with the lactaline or I'll never pick one x

Ah, well you may be able to hire one out to test it first - ask your HV as they (not so helpfully) mentioned it to me after I had bought the Spectra 3!

Laura x

I rented the Elite for a while and then bought the Lactaline, it's not as powerful, but then the price difference between the two is about £600!!

For me, the Lactaline is brilliant, I had a medela swing originally and it was uncomfortable to use and nowhere near as effective - I bought mine on eBay as well and just bought the diaphragms and funnels separately!!

The lactaline is not a hospital grade pump and isn't intended for daily use as the motor isn't guaranteed for many hours (hospital grade pumps are guaranteed for x thousand number of hours), so I still doubt it was used in a hospital setting, the Ameda elite doesn't say its name in big writing but is quite a large pump and is usually a turquoise green. The lactaline is a small, home pump which looks similar to the Lansinoh one or the medela mini electric double pump. NB here is the elite

https://www.nctshop.co.uk/prodinfo.asp?number=1999

I am not saying the lactaline is crap but the suction wasn't strong enough for me and it isn't correct to claim it is hospital grade; it isn't. If you can test one out first I'd definitely do so. Also I resent the fact that Ameda have jacked up the price over here and it still costs around £90-£100 in the US :( xx

P.S. I have heard that the lansinoh double pump is actually made by Ameda, its also closed system and I have read more favourable reviews of it than the lactaline-it also fits the same bottles and many other parts that fit Ameda and Medela pumps

I believe the lactaline is the same thing as the Ameda Purely Yours here in the US, and if so, I highly recommend it! I have used mine for two kids now, pumping 2/3 times a day at work since each was 9 weeks old (and I pumped for DD1 until she was over a year old), and mine is still going strong. The suction is plenty for me, as I easily get anywhere from 5-10oz in 20 minutes. I've only ever used it as a double pump, so I can't speak to single pumping with it, but I love it!

Apparently its the exact same pump as the lansinoh affinity as ameda make it for lansinoh. I have the lansinoh and i love it, 99 quid on amazon so maybe cheaper than ameda too x

Summer rain - I was loaned an ameda lactaline from the neonatal unit at my local hospital, so they are used in hospitals :thumbup:

It was a decent pump - the double setting did have less suction than the single by quite some way, but it was still enough to make my useless unresponsive-to-pumps boobs respond!

I agree it may not be the best pump on the market, but there's nothing actually wrong with it. I wish I'd bought one instead of my avent single!

Apparently its the exact same pump as the lansinoh affinity as ameda make it for lansinoh. I have the lansinoh and i love it, 99 quid on amazon so maybe cheaper than ameda too x

They are very similar but not exactly the same pump as the collection sets are different-I do wonder though if the Lansinoh could use the Ameda (or generic copy) collection sets-then it would be identical. Patch I am very surprised at that as the lactaline is not hospital grade and isn't guaranteed for thousands of hours like the truly hospital grade pumps so surely they wouldn't be covered if it broke down-it is better than avent pumps thats for sure but isn't anywhere near as good/hardwearing as the actual Ameda hospital pump.

Also I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because it costs a lot less in the US and you always get a lot of extra stuff with it and this is something I really resent; when it cost £70-£90 a couple of years back then yes that is a fair price for the pump but not what it costs now. I have heard the ardo pumps (which are also closed-system) are the absolute best and the closest home pump powerwise to the ameda hospital pump and they used to cost more than the Ameda but now are cheaper since Ameda jacked up their prices (you buy it as a single pump and the conversion kit to double is £20); their pump also fits Ameda bottles etc as well. And of course a good budget option is the spectra pumps xx

I don't disagree, but that's the pump I was given. To be fair, it did the job! I did have a proper hospital grade medela on the ward, but they only home hired the lactalines

My DH did look at them to buy - £99 for single, extra £20 for double. My avent was £95, so...

I hired an Ameda Lactaline from my local hospital too. I liked it so much that I bought one. 99 quid from expressyourselfmoms, if I remember right.

I've happily used it to exclusively express since.:thumbup:

x

I hired an Ameda Lactaline from my local hospital too. I liked it so much that I bought one. 99 quid from expressyourselfmoms, if I remember right.

I've happily used it to exclusively express since.:thumbup:

x

Its now £135 on that site and up to £160 on some other sites-shows you how they have put the price up. The Ardo used to be a lot more expensive than the lactaline now its cheaper in most places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->