BreaSt pump Ameda lactaline anyone used?

I hired an Ameda Lactaline from my local hospital too. I liked it so much that I bought one. 99 quid from expressyourselfmoms, if I remember right.

I've happily used it to exclusively express since.:thumbup:

x

Its now £135 on that site and up to £160 on some other sites-shows you how they have put the price up. The Ardo used to be a lot more expensive than the lactaline now its cheaper in most places.

Yowch! You're right, I don't think it's worth that much! It's not a bad pump though, just...yowch!

I hired an Ameda Lactaline from my local hospital too. I liked it so much that I bought one. 99 quid from expressyourselfmoms, if I remember right.

x

Its now £135 on that site and up to £160 on some other sites-shows you how they have put the price up. The Ardo used to be a lot more expensive than the lactaline now its cheaper in most places.

Yowch! You're right, I don't think it's worth that much! It's not a bad pump though, just...yowch!

it really is one of my pet hates especially as it is still about £100 in some stores in the US and the US one tends to have loads of freebies thrown in; makes me want to rant and rave about 'rip off Britain' :happydance: (yes I did that smiley on purpose, didn't want to look like a complete moaner)

x

it really is one of my pet hates especially as it is still about £100 in some stores in the US and the US one tends to have loads of freebies thrown in; makes me want to rant and rave about 'rip off Britain' :happydance: (yes I did that smiley on purpose, didn't want to look like a complete moaner)

Although, that's before tax in the US, right? You can't ever compare prices properly between UK and US :( like all the game consoles and computers seem like a bargain over there, but that's because we pay tax upfront and they pay it yearly.

And back on topic...

They pay income tax yearly but that's seperate to sales taxes which like here are paid when purchasing, not sure how sales taxes work with online purchases as they vary from state to state. From my understanding (and quite a few of OHs family are American) the way income tax over there works is like how tax for self employed people works here, and just like for self employed people here, certain things which in the US includes breast pumps are tax deductible so maybe I'm wrong but in the end a breast pump would be even more cheap than the price advertised on any given website. Don't get me wrong not everything is cheaper in the US, judging from when I went there, fresh fruit and veg costs quite a bit more than here and same with nappies and kids clothing-the nappies cost up to twice as much as here and if you took say, baby dry or whatever their equivalent is, it was like the baby dry from several years earlier from the UK xx

Well if breastpumps are tax deductible, that makes my last point moot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"