Breastfeeding and newly pregnant

xxmyheartxx

momma of 6
Reaction score
This is the 1st time I've being pregnant and still breastfeeding, ds2 generally has a couple of feeds during the day and then as and when at night as we co-sleep, do I need to worry about my supply? Will it affect the pregnancy? Or am I over thinking it? I'm hoping my nipples don't hurt to much x

I am currently BFing my dd (14 almoat 15 months) and 5 weeks pregnant. I know you can have dips in supply with pregnancy and there is changes in milk that can cause nurslings to wean but a lot of little ones will fight through it.

I got pregnant with dd when my ds was 15 months and nursing. I choose to wean shortly after bc my obgyn tod me my body could not support 2 babies. Out of fear of losing the new pregnancy we weaned. This time i am going to try to nurse until dd is 18 months then wean.

I am currently BFing my dd (14 almoat 15 months) and 5 weeks pregnant. I know you can have dips in supply with pregnancy and there is changes in milk that can cause nurslings to wean but a lot of little ones will fight through it.

I got pregnant with dd when my ds was 15 months and nursing. I choose to wean shortly after bc my obgyn tod me my body could not support 2 babies. Out of fear of losing the new pregnancy we weaned. This time i am going to try to nurse until dd is 18 months then wean.

Thank you so much xx

I've nursed through several pregnancies. Currently nursing my 18 mo old and about 8 weeks along. Everyone is different, but my supply wasn't affected. I nudge them along to wean about half through the pregnancy just for my own preference, but I have no doubt I could go on. It can be painful, but I also have reynauds which doesn't help.

This is my second pregnancy where I am breastfeeding still.
2015 my oldest was 4 and nursing very little. He weaned after the pregnancy.
My youngest is 2 1/2 and did nurse more than the average toddler but we reduced it to 1-4 times.
I always had the suspicion it may have affected my progesterone levels some, since I needed progesterone suppositories. And I am not typically a low progesterone kind of person.
But I don't think that happens for many, I seem to be sensitive due to a past prolactinoma.
During my last pregnancy nursing was rough at times due to sore nipples and breastfeeding aversion moments. But fewer and shorter nursing sessions helped.
My supply went down but I did not dry up. Nurslings will often continue for only the suckling and a few drops of milk I think :D
I plan to wean my youngest during this pregnancy, but due to his sleep problems, waking up for milk every hour.

Thank you all, ds2 is still only 14 months and loves booby, I'm hoping that he will self wean before this little one arrives x

I nursed until 4 months pregnant last time. It started to hurt and make me feel more nauseous, so I weaned him.

Do what is right for you, as long as you’re both still happy to nurse, keep going.

I had the biggest appetite ever when I was pregnant and breastfeeding, gained maybe 1/2 lbs that first trimester. This time around is a different story since I’m not breastfeeding!

I had a dr discourage me from continuing to breastfeed but heads up that is incorrect and very outdated research. Do your own research and talk to lactation coubsellors if you have a dr try to discourage you, it will not harm your baby. Your body will first nourish baby, then your breast milk, and then you. You just have to eat a lot!!!

I nursed all the way through 2 pregnancies, my supply never seemed to change x she was 2 at the time, and also fed her sister who was also 2 when pregnant with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->