Breastfeeding baby, not preventing another :-)

Luvy, I'm so sorry you've never gotten any decent answers, after all you've been through. :( At the very least, I hope the spotting stops soon. On the TTC after a loss forum, there's a lady in a group with me who had the same problem with spotting every cycle with no explanation. :shrug:

Okay, here's the progression from yesterday to today. I'm pleased with it. :flower:

Attachments

• 20171005_120826.jpg
    20171005_120826.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
TTC eeeek!! Next week? Should be fine at 36w, especially with the shots. Weight dependent mainly I reckon. Mine was 35w, we had shots 12hr before delivery. Home the next lunchtime! If you need any early baby advice spiffy also had one at similar term. They are definitely different to term babies, even tho it’s just a few weeks! Keep us updated!!

Luvy I had the EXACT same thing. Spotting for no good reason, mid cycle, luteal, ovulation, the lot! Also 4 back to back mc, (3 mmc) Then DS3 came along, I spotted from 5dpo with him the bled really bad from 7/8wk to the middle of 2nd tri. Since having him (and a manual removal of placenta) I’ve not had it at all!! Go figure!
Hang in there Hun, there’s a rainbow for you, I’m sure if it! X

Spiffy! Congratulations Hun, those lines are looking super! Yay!! :yipee:

Thanks everyone! I feel good about things! My oldest was born at 36+3 and my second was at 37+2 so I guess it’s right along my groove. My first was emergency induction and no shots and did have NICU time but I’m sure the shots will improve chances of him being fine! I’m hoping he will be close to 6lbs!!!! Dano that’s great you were home so quickly! I will definitely have a longer stay because I’ve opted for a repeat c section instead of trying to induce with a vbac. But I think everything will go smoothly and I’m glad they’re so on top of things to prevent him from an unhappy ending!

Spiffy!!!! Fantastic progression!!! Praying this is your sticky rainbow!

Dano any update on your baby girl? Thinking of you!

Dan-o, it's good to hear from you! I hope baby girl is doing well!

TTC, I never had the shots to mature any of my babies lungs and they all did fine, so I think my body just "cooks" them faster. :haha:

In other news, if this baby sticks, I'll have a 26 month age gap! Seeing as my biggest gap so far has been 18 months, it's going to be such a different experience.

Spiffy!!! That is beautiful progression!

Dan-o, so you were able to get pregnant even though you were spotting? That definitely gives me hope.

Spiffy, is there a way you can link me to that thread on the ttc after a loss? Or tell me the subject title and I'll look for it.

Spiffy I think my oldest would’ve been fine if I hadn’t had such a traumatic delivery! We were both unwell! And I hear you on the age gaps! This little one will be almost 3 years younger than my middle ds! So odd to have a middle child lol!

Do you have a good feeling about this baby? I remember knowing deep down things would be ok this time.

Here's the thread https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-after-loss/2432919-looking-ttc-buddies.html and her name is Mom15. She just got her BFP a few days before me, and still had red spotting, even after her BFP, so it didn't stop her from getting pregnant. If you want to pop into the group and ask her about it, she and the other ladies there are really friendly and helpful. :flower:

TTC, I feel pretty good about things right now. But I also felt good about the last pregnancy up until about 6 weeks, when I suddenly just felt a sense of doom. But I'm staying optimistic and thinking happy thoughts. :winkwink:

Luvy I was able indeed, the spotting seemed almost irrelevant. I got referred to a gynaecologist and had pelvic scans the lot, never any cause found! I did have some shorter LP cycles amongst it (mine are short anyway, but shorter than usual) but not as short as the ones leading up to this pregnancy.

TTC sounds like you are definitely following your usual pattern of when baby will arrive then! Eeek! Have you got everything sorted?

I’ve been trying to sort stuff out, had a manic couple of weeks with appointments, 4yo starting school and 6yo changing class, puppies born (somewhat disastrously but they are ok now) 2yo hitting the T2’s, chesty bugs all round, car shopping etc etc etc! I even had to pack in running as I just couldn’t find enough minutes in the day! You know how it goes lol. Everything has simmered down now, the big tidy has commenced. Had a growth scan a week ago, all looking quite.. average?? :shock: :haha:

Hi ladies popping my head in again. Really must remember to come on here more. I guess life just takes over lol. Hayden is in nursery 3 afternoons a week now so more time on my hands.

Spiffy- I’m sorry to hear that your paediatrician wants to test your son for autism don’t be scared though of what the results might be he will still be the same boy you love and adore and that will never change. For me personally it was a relief to get Lewis the diagnosis as for years I was made to feel like it was in my head especially with his School because despite his issues he is very intelligent and so that overshadowed the little traits of his autism. We suspect Hayden is on the spectrum too he’s just like Lewis was at that age but throwing in non eating and refusal to sleep on top.

Your lines are looking lovely and I have everything crossed for you that this pregnancy progresses with no problems.

Dan-o hope you are keeping well and that your little girl is cooking nicely away in your tummy. I bet the boys can’t wait to meet their baby sister.

Luvymum so sorry for your recent loss and that you are spotting inbetween your cycles. Hopefully it’s just hormonal and will settle down soon. That’s crazy that they couldn’t find enough dna on your precious little fetus. That doesn’t sound right to me not with the technology we have these days.

Lian lovely scan pic hun hope the pregnancy is progressing well and your keeping well too. Sending a big hug your way too I always find due dates and anniversaries hard.

Ttc sorry to hear about the OB diagnosis wishing you all the luck for Tuesday though I’m sure you won’t need it. I’ll look forward to reading an announcement on here.

So not much news from me apart from that my cycles have finally returned. AF decided to show her face last night. Still breastfeeding Hayden so didn’t expect it return til I stopped like it did with Lewis and Harley. Suppose it’s a good thing as I can now track my cycles and decide if/when we might ntnp . Probably won’t be til next year now need to try and get my health back on track first and give my doctors a kick up the arse to treat me properly. (Low b12 left untreated). It’s linked to miscarriages so I really want that sorted before I even think about having another baby x

Babytots, it's good to hear from you! :flower: I hope your doctor takes your health seriously so you can be in tip-top shape before NTNP again.

I had my developmental evaluation appointment with Liam, and they said he has some traits consistent with ASD, but doesn't have certain traits that they'd typically expect. So now they want me to have him meet with an occupational therapist, a speech pathologist, and a developmental pediatrician, and then they said we'll sit down after all that and come up with a final assessment and a plan.

TTC, did your little guy make it here safe and sound?

Hey I’m so sorry! Recovery has been ROUGH. Little Ford arrived at 5:25 on the 10th. He was 5lbs 11oz but then it was discovered the scale was wrong and he weighed 5lbs 8oz. He’s dropped down to 5lbs 4 but my milk is finally in! The recovery has been very hard. I’m feeling semi decent today

I'm so happy he was born at a decent weight and that he's doing okay :) but I'm so sorry your recovery has been so tough. :( I can't wait to see pictures on Facebook. :flower:

Congratulations Ttc126 for your little man. I hope u can recover well.
Congratulations as well Spiffy for the new BFP! Fxed for a sticky bub.

--
We are staying team yellow, definitely our last baby so I would like to experience knowing only during birth. Hoping it will make the birth easier and faster.

Hi there! I am breastfeeding and not preventing (though not with the intention of having another.. just haven't seen the need considering our particular circumstances). I was hoping someone who has conceived while nursing could help me.

My daughter is almost 11 months old. She eats some solids, but still mostly breastfeeds for nourishment (including throughout the night). I'm also pumping whatever I can to help supplement a friend's younger baby, as well as nursing that baby once or twice every few days when we deliver the milk. I have not gotten my first postpartum cycle yet... So I assume all these factors combined make it pretty unlikely that I would become pregnant. Especially since it took a year of carefully timed sex to conceive our last baby, meanwhile we are only having sex once in a blue moon these days. LOL

However, I've noticed that over the past couple of days my supply has increased quite a bit. There for a little while it was getting harder and harder to pump extra milk for my friend. Suddenly I'm getting at least 10 ounces a day (on top of my own baby nursing as usual). It's been almost 2 weeks since we last had sex. I guess I'm just wondering if this was a very early pregnancy symptom for anyone? I don't want to alarm anyone by purchasing a pregnancy test if there is nothing to worry about. :lol:

Hi there! I am breastfeeding and not preventing (though not with the intention of having another.. just haven't seen the need considering our particular circumstances). I was hoping someone who has conceived while nursing could help me.

My daughter is almost 11 months old. She eats some solids, but still mostly breastfeeds for nourishment (including throughout the night). I'm also pumping whatever I can to help supplement a friend's younger baby, as well as nursing that baby once or twice every few days when we deliver the milk. I have not gotten my first postpartum cycle yet... So I assume all these factors combined make it pretty unlikely that I would become pregnant. Especially since it took a year of carefully timed sex to conceive our last baby, meanwhile we are only having sex once in a blue moon these days. LOL

However, I've noticed that over the past couple of days my supply has increased quite a bit. There for a little while it was getting harder and harder to pump extra milk for my friend. Suddenly I'm getting at least 10 ounces a day (on top of my own baby nursing as usual). It's been almost 2 weeks since we last had sex. I guess I'm just wondering if this was a very early pregnancy symptom for anyone? I don't want to alarm anyone by purchasing a pregnancy test if there is nothing to worry about. :lol:

Pregnancy usually causes your supply to decrease if it changes anything, but those hormones can do odd things.

Thanks! I figured that a drop in supply is what the norm was. Especially as time goes on. I was just wondering if maybe a brief increase in the beginning might happen (related to all those very early breast sensations that occur in the first few weeks of pregnancy). Only time and/or a pregnancy test will tell, I suppose. Lol

Hey! I was just thinking about this group the other day and how quiet it's been.

I had my first ultrasound on Monday and everything was perfect! Baby measured 3 days ahead with a nice strong heartbeat. I think I can stop worrying now. :flower:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1510868011837.jpg
    FB_IMG_1510868011837.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back