Breastfeeding dream

Shandelion

Reaction score
I dreamed I was breastfeeding my baby for the first time, in a park in a little town. Even in the dream I was so bewildered. I didn't know how to hold the kid, and its mouth was so small compared to my nipple. Those are two of the things I'm most afraid of in reality. I was successful in the dream, by some miracle, but the baby would only take a few sucks at a time and so it was going on forever. I didn't mind, but...I felt so, so weird. I still do, and I've been awake for an hour. I feel like I did something obscene. And I feel weirdly incomplete, like my body was convinced it was real. This is so bizarre.

All you can do is wait for the day to move on and the dream fade which it ultimately will. And don't worry everything will fit together just right.

Dreams do funny things especially with all the hormones we have, eventually it will be long forgotten xxx

Breastfeeding does feel weird for some at the start. Maybe the dream was about you kind of transferring between a sexual idea of breasts to a motherly one, i bf for 18 months and couldn't consider my breasts sexual at all in that time the thought made me ill (very unexpected!).
Maybe its worth reading now about bf, newborn months ARE tiny, but nipples are squishy. My boobs would get so full i would genuinely worry my son was going to end up suffocating on them. It's a strange journey but ultimately worth it i would say. I found it much harder on many levels than expected but will be doing it again x

I think its normal to have strange dreams especially when pregnant. I actually had a dream about the opposite..my baby just took to breastfeeding and everything went right, but it was only a dream and we'll have to see! X

I had the exact same dream and woke up bewildered (2days back). In pregnancy.our minds play tricks on us, giving us dreams that are worst nightmares.
Our bodies are built for breastfeeding and I am sure any mom wants to bf can do that. It might be a struggle in the beginning.but we will catch up for sure :)

Dreams like this, is your body working out your fears. :)

I had tons of breastfeeding dreams while pregnant with DS..

I don't now, considering I'm breastfeeding so often when I'm awake :blush:

It's definitely a "strange" sensation, and initially painful.. but after the first 6 months, you will probably become numb to it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->