Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

Any news on O wnt2b?

Welcome new BF mamas!

So my big one was sick and new I wouldn't be sleeping anyways, so I decided to give night weaning my 16 month old a go last night. She's pretty smart so I tried the no milk till the sun comes up thing. She woke up 3 times and the first time made a bit of a fuss pointing to the rocking chair where we nurse. But after that she was totally accepting of cuddles instead of milk! And she slept from 1:30-6:30 which is a good stretch for her. So it actually went great, she wasn't even really upset and it wasn't hard. I only had to cuddle her for a few mins. My older one was coughing all night so I think she even woke her up one of those times. So trying again tonight, we'll see how she is doing it again. Now that I did it once I feel confident in doing it again.

So I went 6:30-6:30 with no nursing and didn't pump. :D :D :D

Sorry your older daughter is sick, but glad your youngest did pretty well without nursing. Is your hubby able to take on any wake ups? I just found we didn't really start being successful at night weaning until DH did most of the work....Once the message was understood by DS I could start going to see him at night but I'd need a heavy sweater on. Which is still the case.

I'm 6dpo now and noticed some pink spotting started today. We dtd on 1dpo and 3 days prior to O so I don't think it's implantation bleeding. Probably just short lp.

I guess she was just ready because night 2 she didn't wake up at all. She slept from 7pm till 6:30am straight. Happy as a clam this morning and had a nice long nurse. Although she did wake up this morning with the same cough my older one has so that's not good. She had a rough night 2 nights ago. Last night I did the Vicks on her feet thing and she slept all night only coughing a bit. But can't use Vicks under 2 so that trick won't work for the baby!!

I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm feeling ready to start ttc number two. Im still exclusively breastfeeding but last week I had my first period since giving birth. I'm hoping it wasn't just a one and done type of thing. Ovulation is supposed to be happening today or tomorrow assuming my cycle will be back to normal. Fingers crossed I really ovulate

I feel so disoriented I haven't done this ttc thing in so long I've forgotten a lot of what I had learned.

I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm feeling ready to start ttc number two. Im still exclusively breastfeeding but last week I had my first period since giving birth. I'm hoping it wasn't just a one and done type of thing. Ovulation is supposed to be happening today or tomorrow assuming my cycle will be back to normal. Fingers crossed I really ovulate

I know sometimes you can have a period and then if you BF more you'll go back to anovulatory again. But I haven't heard of that too often. Once you get one you're probably good to go as long as your LO keeps nursing the same amount (or less). However I probably wouldn't count on a "normal" cycle right away. Keep an eye on your cervical mucus. Look for the egg white -- that's the best sign of ovulation. If you're getting good sleep you can confirm your O with a temp spike after the fact too. I know when BF a lot of women have short luteal phases too... so you might get a period quickly after O for a few cycles. But hopefully you get your eggy this month :D

Ok so we've had a few nights here of no nursing... wnt2b how long after night weaning did you ovulate? It wasn't too long was it? I'm sure it's different for everyone but I wonder if I'm in for a few days wait or longer.

Aaand reading back I asked the exact same question. Lol!!

Welcome Momtastic!
Reiko, I think I ovulated after only 10 days of not nursing at night but then only had a 5 day luteal phase.
I'm on 10dpo now and no sign of AF!!!
So I think this is a longer lp now! In my head I'm really wondering if we could have caught the egg, but it wasn't our intention....I want to wait until AF is late to test though.
Did you have some more good nights of DD sleeping through?
My DS has been sttn 3 nights in a row now without me in his bed with him even! I really miss his cuddles but I think he's getting a deeper sleep himself because of it. This night weaning has been a lot of little steps but 2 months later I think I can say he's officially night weaned!

Even if you didn't catch the eggy the bright side is that LP length! So good!! so what dpo will you get? 14? That's nice that your LO has slept through! But I can imagine that feels like a big change for mama after nighttime cuddles for that long!!

my DD has been sleeping through most nights, I had 3 nights of 7pm to 6:30am, then one night I nursed her in the middle of the night I think? And last night I nursed her at 10pm and 4:30am. I'm not sure how tonight will go, she's got the worst cough and has woken up at least 6 times already from 6:30-8:30 poor bug :(

Well she slept from 11 till 6 so that's good. But so many wake ups before 11. I feel just awful today. Good Friday and I'll be missing all the family activities due to this cold :(. I haven't had a cold that's knocked me down like this forever! Not fun. Kids handle it so much better lol!

:hugs:
I feel awful today too.
AF hit me this afternoon and I was up at 3:30 this morning for work after going to sleep at 11pm. DS slept through the night though. 9pm-7am. DH was home to watch DS.

Ah so AF showed hey... :/ Up at 3:30??! Is that because of insomnia? That is very little sleep! My DH took the kids to the family stuff so I rested in bed for 2.5 hrs. Couldn't sleep though!! But it was nice to rest this afternoon.

Ordering some more opks today and will try and be testing consistently in the next few weeks to see if I start ovulating. I only have one IC left and I'm not using it till I'm really suspicious that I'm pg!! No early testing for me!!

I know when I had a short LP previously I took B vitamins daily and they really lengthened my LP in one cycle even. Wondering if I should start that. But I don't want to take synthetic folic acid so not sure...

So I ordered some new OPKs and did get some B6 too. I'm not great at taking my supplements but hopefully a few times a week will be enough to help a short LP! Now my progesterone will be another issue. I really hope I'm healthy enough to have a decent cycle in the next few months!! Ahh it would be SO awesome to get pregnant in June. Fx'd!!!

Fx'd for you!
I believe the b vitamins really help. I took a b50 complex before TTC with my son and I think that's why we conceived so quickly. I had read that you shouldn't take them while pregnant though so didn't get to use the whole bottle!
I'm not taking them now though...I'm taking so many other different vitamins. If we don't conceive by August I'll start though.
I had to get up that early for work. I don't have those early shifts very often though. It's nice getting done work with lots of the day left though!

Got a really nice positive in an opk today, I guess it's official I am ovulating but my cycle is a little off

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
My opks are getting lighter not darker! So who knows what's going on! I have been having really good 8+ hr stretches of no nursing at night but not completely 7-7 anymore because of her cold. She's better today so hopefully starting tonight I'll get that 7-7 again.

Yay, 2 WW!

Reiko, do you feel crampy at all?
Maybe your opks are getting lighter because as your prolactin drops so does your LH. You only need a surge of LH to ovulate. Id try not to worry :)
8 hours through the night of not nursing will drop your prolactin :)

Yeah I guess I just need to Be patient :/. Which I'm not lol. Yesterday I nursed at 7am and then went to work and she slept al night so I didn't nurse again until 5:30 this morning. So almost 24 hrs. Hopefully that helps. Today is another 12+ hrs during the day and we'll see how tonight goes. So we're really just doing morning, naptime if we/I am home, and bedtime. My cold turned into sinusitis so even if I did ovulate there's no way I'm dtd. Way to sick and tired lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->