breastfeeding..what are we not allowed eat?

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
hi girls, just wondering if there are rules about what you can and cannot eat while breastfeeding like during pregnancy eg. blue cheese, raw egg etc?? or can you eat what you want?

thanks!!

As far as Ive always known you can eat whatever you want, but some people say certain things can upset your babies tummy, spicy foods, citrus fruits, caffeine, dairy and other things. I just eat what I want though, havent really found it to make any difference.

Normally you should be able to eat anything... but if your family has a history of allergies/asthma etc., you need to avoid:

dairy, peanuts, eggs...

https://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/food-sensitivity.html

If your baby is tiny, and seems very colicky, you might want to avoid all caffeine too as it is passed to baby and they process it a lot slower than you. So it builds up in their system.

I had to go off both dairy and caffeine to settle LO, it made a huge difference! Now that LO is a little older, I can start to integrate these thigns back into my diet.
:hug:

I've also understood we can go back to normal eating but if LO has cramps or tummy trouble to cut back on whatever I ate 6 hours before. I think alcohol is the only real no-no I've been told by some.

I eat whatever I want but I eat everything in moderation. I dont go mad on things and eat loads of one type of food. The only time my baby has ever had tummy ache was when I ate peppers one night, thats the only thing different I had had so needless to say Ive never ate them again since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->