• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding while pregnant

jessmke

Reaction score
I just found out today that I am pregnant, yay! I would really like to continue breastfeeding my daughter through this pregnancy and am wondering if there is any way to avoid my milk drying up as I hear that is common in the second trimester. Will drinking mothers milk tea and eating oatmeal and lactation cookies help, or is there nothing that can be done to prevent drying up?

Oh my gosh congrats!!!! No advice sorry but yay!

Congratulations! If doesn't always dry up but often it does. Mine did and my daughter continued to dry nurse at night until it returned.

congrats!! I've heard mothers milk tea isn't safe while pregnant. But milk will turn to colostrum at some point by seven months.

I breastfed Thomas while pregnant with Sophie, till about 13 weeks along though so not really far enough to experience drying up. My milk remained as abundant, however I got such a bad nursing aversion that I stopped due to that.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"