• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastmilk or water with supplementing formula

Jezzielin

Reaction score
I am running low on my supplied almost 300 ounces until we are out... I am not sure how to transition her to formula. Should I be introducing it with these last ounces left? When making a bottle should I be making it with breast milk or water to start?:shrug:

For example... baby usually has 6oz in a bottle. Make up 1oz formula as per instructions with 5oz bm. A couple of days later swap to 2oz formula mixed with 4oz, then 3 & 3, 4&2, 5&1.

That way baby gets used to the taste and difference in digestion and it might take 2 weeks to swap over or longer but a gradually approach is best

Yeah if you do it gradually your LO should make the transition ok. I'm actually working on that but now switching to cows milk :haha:

How are you guys making the switch? Are u slowly introducing with one formula bottle a day. I am thinking of making the switch and am extremely confused at how to begin

I would make it with water as per instructions, making it with breast milk could make your LO constipated or give tummy troubles as she's getting double the vitamins etc in one go. It would be like adding 8 scoops of formula to 4oz of water. If she has trouble with the taste I would do half breast milk and half formula made with water.

Yeah if you do it gradually your LO should make the transition ok. I'm actually working on that but now switching to cows milk :haha:

Does cows milk provide the same nutrition as the formula? Seems like there is so much more in formula...

I am going to start transitioning today/this weekend. Only 1-2 weeks of storage left! :cry:

This post worries me. I go back to work in 3 weeks and have no storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->