Brestfeeding...At 8

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Someone sent me this youtube video.

Opinions?

Some of you may have seen it as it was part of a documentary on TV awhile back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74

i was surprised to find that there are lots of women who BF for a loong time. of course 8 years seems a bit excessive lol but i was surprised on another forum how many people still BF 2-4 year olds with no end in sight.

personally, i would not do it that long, i find it a bit much :x. im not sure if its healthy mentally for an 8 year old to be BFing. but to each their own.

It's not for me but I have no problem with it.

i personally find that wrong and disturbing.

I just watched this video yesterday on youtube!! How ironic as I was thinking about posting the same thing haha. I personally dont like the idea of breastfeeding till that old I think its wrong, but thats just my opinion. Im sure there are lots of people out there doing it and are very content with it so whatever they want to do...I just really dont like it.

A lot of cultures have traditionally practiced (really) extended breastfeeding. They say it creates a stronger bond between mother and child. I couldn't do it personally - it weirds me out just little too much. I supposed to each their own though, eh?

Extended breastfeeding is one thing... but ummm this is abit over doing it.... I agree with the part of a child will let you know when they dont want the breast anymore.... but....8? um well thats a bit too long.

I couldn't do it. I don't really want to breastfeed a newborn, I couldn't imagine him being 8 and still doing it. But thats just me!

xxx

i breastfeed for a yr and it was getting wierd i couldn't imagine doing it for 8 yrs.

I find that so disturbing. If they can ask for a "boobie" they're too old in my opinion. If they're still breastfeeding at 8, when do they stop? At 10? 15? 21? :|

i dont even want to watch. I find it too strange. Freaks me out a little...and I dread to think what sort of internet pervs are out there looking for exactly that type of film.
And how can a woman live with leaky boobs for that long?!

I'd hate to be able to remember breastfeeding from my mum. So I'll stop well before the memory kicks in!!
A year will do for me.

id be interested in seeing the whole documentary i dont think theres anything wrong with it, breast feeding as an amazing gift you can give to your children its one of the most natural things in the world.

and anyway you feed kids milk from a cow at least boobie milk is from the same species.

people put horrid plastic dummys in their kids mouths to comfort them so why not a boob?

I dont find it comfy to watch that video. So wrong to me im afraid :blush:

Sorry, but that is just wrong on so many levels. I thought it was a spoof at first, I can't get my head around someone breastfeeding an 8 year old.

Disturbing.........

Slightly disturbing and wrong. I have no problem with extended breastfeeding but to 5 and 8 years of age?

i remember watching it on tv i personally think its really wrong.... the fact the 8yr olds older sister was jealous cuz she wanted breast milk really hit home to me that its not normal

There is a doctor in my hometown that allegedly still pumped breast milk for her kids when they were 15 and 16 years old. I do actually think its true though, she's a very organic, green, natural, vegetarian, hippy type of woman. It wouldn't surprise me.

i couldnt and wouldnt breast feed to that age 12 months is enough lol dont get me wrong i love breast feeding but 8 is to old

My little boy is six.. and when he saw a lady on tv with her top of he giggled and said BOOBS !!!! So although he's obviously not seeing them as sexual.. he's embarrased by them. It's just wrong, and very disturbing !! I should think when they get older, they'd probably be mortified by it, and wouldn't want their mates knowing definetely !!!!
I'm a firm believer in breast feeding, and do it when out for coffee, and round freinds houses... I'm not embarrased by it for a baby... But kids grow up alot quicker now.... magazines... tv... etc.. So that's my take on it JMO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->