Bride with a bump..i need help for decision

B

BabyL0Ve

Are any of you ladies having your wedding while prego?:baby: We are thinking to have our wedding in the summer but tummy will be pretty big by then..I don't mind that, the only thing is that I won't be able to wear the perfect well fit dress..:baby: so I am struggling if we should have the wedding while prego or push it for when baby comes into the world.. I can hardly wait!! :wohoo:

They have some really nice dresses fit for bumps that I've seen... but it ultimately depends on what you are comfortable with. If you really want a tight fitted dress, then you will have to wait, but if you don't mind an elegant flowy dress then have the wedding with bump!

You can get some absolutely gorgeous maternity wedding dresses if you're keen to go ahead whilst pregnant. Can't think of any websites offhand but I'm sure lots will come up if you Google 'Maternity Wedding Dress'.

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with the wedding plans and everything!:flower:

Beca :wave:

I think it's personal choice really. Many people would love to get married while pregnant but i'd personally prefer to wait until my LO is here (which we are doing anyway) then she can be part of it too :)

They do have some nice maternity dresses though :)

Yup personal choice!

There are so many nice maternity dresses out there but the choice is yours.

Do remember that if you get your perfect gown and have wedding after baby that your ribs may be wider than prepreg! I found this with my bras and also saw a wedding programme on tv where the bridge bought her dress got preg the lost all her preg weight and the dress was still inches from closing! If not a lovely lace up back would cover you....it saved me as I was so bloated and my boobs had got huge (I was only 9 weeks on our wedding!) so the fitter put a bigger modesty panel in "just incase" but the ribbons saved me!

How exciting and so special if you do go ahead as we can say to our son he was there on our day! Good Luck!!

Emmaxx

You can get some absolutely gorgeous maternity wedding dresses if you're keen to go ahead whilst pregnant. Can't think of any websites offhand but I'm sure lots will come up if you Google 'Maternity Wedding Dress'.

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with the wedding plans and everything!:flower:

Beca :wave:

Thanks Beca :hugs:

I think it's personal choice really. Many people would love to get married while pregnant but i'd personally prefer to wait until my LO is here (which we are doing anyway) then she can be part of it too :)

They do have some nice maternity dresses though :)

Yeah imagine how fun will be with the baby on the wedding and the nice pictures :cloud9:

we are getting married in june and are planning to start TTC with our next cycle (8 Days), so if we get lucky first cycle we will be 25 weeks at the wedding. My dress is being made and when i picked the design i just spoke to the lady and she made sure i picked a design that could also house a baby bump if needed, it turns out i LOVE the design anyway that even if there wasn't a chance we would be pregnant I would still have picked the design

Do would you feel is right for you and future hubby :)

I was 7 months pregnant...I had the dress I picked out before I got pg...I only had to change the skirt.

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16649_195334882550_689167550_3489439_4026527_n.jpg
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12933_555734095124_286301582_3392976_3739516_n.jpg

You dont need to buy a maternity wedding dress if you have a bridal shop with a good seamstress and little bit of creativity!

I'm getting married as preg also. I haven't got a bump yet and I hope it won't show up with those 3 weeks. I have a dress picked out for several months now and I really love it and I don't want to buy a new one.
Actually I don't like the idea of marrying with a bump but it happened and I'm not going to cancel my weddings:winkwink:

I got married at 28 weeks and found a really nice dress here https://www.mamabridal.com/

here is it on

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2705599&l=c5db6d5a49&id=515030772

I was 7 months pregnant...I had the dress I picked out before I got pg...I only had to change the skirt.

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16649_195334882550_689167550_3489439_4026527_n.jpg
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12933_555734095124_286301582_3392976_3739516_n.jpg

You dont need to buy a maternity wedding dress if you have a bridal shop with a good seamstress and little bit of creativity!

Love the dress, beautiful picture! :thumbup:

Yeah well i am leaning towards having the baby first so things won't be so stressful, small and big weddings are a lot to prepare.. And the pictures will be beautiful with us and little one :cloud9:
Thanks ladies :flower:
:hug:

We got married in November - I was 28 weeks - it was perfect :cloud9:

Walking from church..jpgme richard and bump.jpg

xxx

Kala, Chuck and Hayley you all look stunning!
We originally had our wedding booked for December 2010 but when I found out I was expecting OH wanted us to do it before baby arrives (I personally don't see what difference it makes) and we've organised it for January instead. Weve planned EVERYTHING in the space of a week whilst sorting out Christmas and our new house!
My main worry was what people would think of me being a pregnant bride :dohh: but all the people we've invited knew our original plans and know it's not something were doing JUST because I'm pregnant. My dress I've gone for a lace up back in a size bigger than what I would need. Not the one I'd set my heart on but I still really like it. I'll be 21 weeks on my wedding day :)

Wow, how beatiful pictures.
I had my dress rehearsal on Friday. It was perfect:cloud9: Hope it fits that well later also, cause it is not a maternity dress.

Hello,

I am getting married next week at 35 weeks pregnant. I was sooo worried about my dress and was the one thing making me think to move the wedding. I really have still got the perfect dress and even if I wasn't 8 month pregnant I would still have the dress. I spoke to ALL the dress shops in my area and they all said you don't need a maternity dress and showed me the sort of thing that would flatter a bump. I will post some pics when I get them.

If you need any advice definately speak to the shops, it's far more common than you think and they know what sort of thing to expect. Also try dresses on with cushions down you! Gives you an idea at least. I got one size 14, normally would wear an 8, got a lace up back for easy adjustment and all I had to have admendment wise was the top part taken in and only cost a few pound to get changed xx

Hello,

I am getting married next week at 35 weeks pregnant. I was sooo worried about my dress and was the one thing making me think to move the wedding. I really have still got the perfect dress and even if I wasn't 8 month pregnant I would still have the dress. I spoke to ALL the dress shops in my area and they all said you don't need a maternity dress and showed me the sort of thing that would flatter a bump. I will post some pics when I get them.

If you need any advice definately speak to the shops, it's far more common than you think and they know what sort of thing to expect. Also try dresses on with cushions down you! Gives you an idea at least. I got one size 14, normally would wear an 8, got a lace up back for easy adjustment and all I had to have admendment wise was the top part taken in and only cost a few pound to get changed xx

Wow thats exciting, congrats! Ill be around 7/8 months by then, just wanna get it over with because when the baby comes it will be all baby time! And it'll be great if you post some pictures :) thanks!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->