Brides with tattoos?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I have a rather ugly bow tattoo on my neck. It's quite big. I was thinking of getting it covered over with something nicer (I'm in my early twenties so I hope I can still pull it off :haha: ). Thing is, I'm worried that if I get it changed it'll be too much to be able to cover with makeup for the wedding. If it is, shall I just leave it? What do you think of brides with tattoos?

A few years ago I did a feature om my wedding blog about brides with tattoos. There were some amazing examples of both covered up tattoos and also those who had chosen to bare them proudly.

Amongst the cover up ideas were lace chokers with crystals. I made a fantastic one for a bride that really tied in with her dress and this might be something that would work for you should you choose to hide it. Can you show us a picture of your tattoo?

Where on your neck is it? Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it - nor would I try and cover it with make up, it might be really obvious on photos when the light catches the concealer. People won't notice anyway and everyone has tattoos these days so it's no big deal.

One of my bridesmaids has a lot of tattoos and some will definitely be visible, but I don't mind!

I'll upload a picture when OH is home as it's right at the back of my neck so I can't take it well myself. I was thinking of designing something to cover it which would be celestial themed, taking inspiration from things like this but obviously totally different and tattooey (okay that makes no sense at all does it? Sorry! :dohh: )
ece9d87b592b28ee3d5a38104673b1a3-1.jpg
3554b906aeeadfb3c788711f15e97d45.jpg
I think it would fit my theme, but worried it'll ruin the entire impression of the dress which is quite classic: https://www.lovemydress.net/blog/20...dding-dress-for-a-1920s-inspired-wedding.html (that dress, obviously that's not me)

That's a seriously beautiful dress. I like the idea of having something celestial!

I don't think it would detract from your stunning dress at all! I do think that with cover ups you're better having one designed for you though, unless you could get it partially lasered first to lighten it? Just as the tattoist would know exactly how to cover it perfectly.

I've got loads of tattoos majority of which is on my wrists. My hubby to be's sister in law had one on her shoulder covered up with makeup and it looked ridiculous and I'm not just saying that because I hate her lol but it was so noticeable in pictures taken by guests etc.

Why not have your hair down to cover it? I'm having my down to cover the Chinese writing I have on the back of my neck. I get married in 10 days so I can't be bothered working out what I can do to cover them. They are a part of me. Who cares? X

I don't think it would detract from your stunning dress at all! I do think that with cover ups you're better having one designed for you though, unless you could get it partially lasered first to lighten it? Just as the tattoist would know exactly how to cover it perfectly.

Don't worry I'm not gonna whap a huge star map print on my neck, just using those as very loose inspiration for what I want. But yeah it's definitely worth going in and talking to them about what would work best as a cover up!

I've got loads of tattoos majority of which is on my wrists. My hubby to be's sister in law had one on her shoulder covered up with makeup and it looked ridiculous and I'm not just saying that because I hate her lol but it was so noticeable in pictures taken by guests etc.

Why not have your hair down to cover it? I'm having my down to cover the Chinese writing I have on the back of my neck. I get married in 10 days so I can't be bothered working out what I can do to cover them. They are a part of me. Who cares? X

I really want my hair up, it doesn't suit me down and I feel much more elegant with it up. Plus the back of the dress is quite detailed and having my hair down may ruin it. Bit worrying about the concealer showing in photos though, I am gonna have to use some (bad scarring, on arms particularly) and don't want it to be noticeable. Ah definitely a worry :nope:

If you're using some for scarring anyway then I'd invest in some camouflage make up, it will be less noticeable hopefully and last much longer!

I covered my tatoo for my wedding day. I used camouflage make-up that is used to cover vitiligo and such like. I sent off for a trial sample of colours and there were lots of tiny samples of different shades and we managed to match my skin tone perfectly. You'll need a setting powder too to make sure it stays in place :thumbup:

I got married in 2004 so i'm afraid where i got it from escapes me but if you search the net i'm sure you'll find lots of info xx

I have a star behind my ear which I like so I won't be covering!

But if I had one I didn't like then I'd cover it! I have a big tattoo on my thigh and I hate it so say if that was on show I'd deffo cover it :)

Here you go, mine was something like this xx

https://www.veilcovercream.com/products/samples/sample-kit.html

My only visable tattoos are my wrist tattooos, which are completely not in keeping with my theme but i like them, so they can stay :lol:
I can only echo what the others have said Hun. If you don't want it showing in photos then it will have to be camo 'makeup'. But even then you have to get the colour exactly right. I watched a TV programme once and one of the actresses had tattoos covered...but they didn't match it properly, so she was covered in dirty green patches instead, which no bride wants/needs!! :lol:
Have you seen a tattooist about a coverup yet?

If I get the dress I really want then my Johnny Cash tattoo will be on show - its the only one though... Unless I buy a short dress lol! I love all of my tattoos though so I'm not actually helping here! I would say though if you're going to get a cover up then go to a really good, well respected artist. The saying 'Good tattoos aren't cheap, Cheap tattoos aren't good' really stands for a lot :) Good Luck whatever you decide xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->