bring on baby!! Welcome!!!

i read on that site that most sleep apnea problems resolve themselves fairly quickly, so try not to worry too much. besides, it could be nothing at all...just an isolated incident.

Yea I know..
But on the monitor her breathing line is suppose to be perfect up n down n she has quite a few where there is no humps so in thinking maybe she forgets to breath

i read that it's really common with newborns who were born just a hair on the early side and that usually the breathing problems resolve on their own by the time they would have been at 40 weeks gestation.

Sooo.... I've been feelin' kinda sicky/gross today! :happydance:

sick, isn't it? :haha:

not sick at all, sweetie! if it makes you feel better to feel pukey, then bring on the barf!!! :happydance:

haha! glad you understand ;) Although, interestingly, the sickest I have been was my first pregnancy, which was the blighted ovum, and the least sick I've been was my pregnancy with genetically normal baby boy. :shrug: I'll take healthy in whatever package it comes!

No no alarm at all!!

She is just restless tonight I'm assuming bc all the shit on her

Yay hope

i'm with you. who cares! if this is your rainbow it can present itself however it darn well pleases!!!!

How much longer do you have in there Annie?

Bexxc, this is going to sound like a random question, but do you have any good pot roast recipes? I rarely make roasts but am CRAVING one! We just went out and got groceries so I'm good to go...just need to find the right combination of ingredients. You seem to be quite the chef so I figure you might know of a decent recipe!

do you plan on using a crock pot or the oven?

Either. Prefer crockpot because I'm lazy/dislike cooking around mealtime, and also like to have the nice smell fill up the house :)

here's the slow cooker recipe i usually use.

williams-sonoma pot rost recipe

1 yellow onion
4 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
1 lb red-skinned potatoes potatoes in 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 cups beef stock
1 cup tomato sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 fresh thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
1 beef rump roast (3-4 lbs)
salt/pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 T extra virgin olive oil

put onion, carrots, potatoes, stock, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf into slow cooker and stir to combine.

season roast with salt and pepper. put the flour in a large bowl. Add the roast and toss to coat evenly.

in a large saute pan over mid-high heat, warm oil until nearly smoking. add the roast and brown on all sides (4-5 mins total). transfer roast to slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 6 hours.

transfer roast to carving board and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 mins. slice meat alongside the veggie sauce.

YAY! Wonderful! I *hate* seeing all those recipes with "instant onion soup mix" and all that crap - this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! Will try it out this week and let you know how it goes! :thumbup:

Well ladies, I am off to bed now. I know, we're lame... but a 9:30 bedtime is ideal when you have a wiggly, peeing little puppy crying to go out as soon as the sun comes up! Which...has actually been pretty late these days. Our daylight up north is totally reduced during the winter! During summer it's light from 4am to 11pm...but right now it's only light from about 8am - 5pm. In the pit of winter it will be even worse - 9am - 4pm. Ugh! But if it means an extra couple hours of sleep, I'll take it! :haha:

Night ladies! Bexxc, hope you have a comfy sleep toinght (and I'm kinda hoping for a labour update sometime soon!), and Annie, I hope things go well during the rest of the testing and that you get to go home and cuddle your little one soon :hugs:

Her alarm went off one time bc her oxygen level dropped.. I jumped up outta bed called nurse and they didn't seemed concerned at all!!!!

So yea..

:hugs: from what i've read it's pretty normal for ALL babies to have brief pauses in breathing from time to time. i think they're looking for it to happen repeatedly and show a pattern. stay strong, hun. you're doing great!

Well it's almost 3am she woke up at 2am she went 5 hours without eating... Usually every 3/4 hours she eats.. Now she has hiccups wide awake but I put her in her crib anyways so yea..

Wow usually she eats 40 oz every 3/4 hours and tonight she went 5 hrs without eating and when I fed her she are 60 oz..
I fed her 40 laid her down and she was still fuzzy... So I fed her more.. Wow...

2 hours left.. I wish she would fall asleep so we both can rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->