Bring on the crazy trying Soy this month..

alison29

Reaction score
I am going to keep on trying different things until something works and using soy like it's clomid is what I am trying this month. Next I will add acupuncture but of course the soy is going to work so I won't get to a next cycle. Anyone tried it? It must dry up CM if it is like clomid. I will keep you posted. I figure AF shows tomorrow I will do CD 2-6 200 mg SI a day. Then mussinex if things seem dry.

Do you ovulate on your own?. if so I wouldent take it. I took it this month hoping for a stronger ovulation and instead of helping it is delaying it.

Lisa...

Which days did you take it and how much did it delay your ovulation?

I took a low dose on CD3-7 and ovulated as usual.

I love your avatar!

Yes I am going to take it next month too but interested in any other stories about it. I don't have a problem with ovulation (as far as I know - although how do I know an egg is actually released??) but am willing to try pretty much anything :haha::haha:

Lisa...

Which days did you take it and how much did it delay your ovulation?

I took a low dose on CD3-7 and ovulated as usual.

I love your avatar!

I took it cd 2-6 160mg the first 3 days and 200 mg the last two and its cd 16 and I still have not ovulated , on natural cycles I normally get my LH surge on cd13 and ovulate the next day I was hoping the soy would help me make stronger eggs:dohh: but instead its delayed ovulation. maybe I took too much soy?.

I tried Soy this cycle too, cd 2-6. (138 on 2,3, 161 on 4,5, 184 on 6)

I'm CD9 today and got my first "high" reading on the CBFM on cd8 .... I don't usually get the high reading until cd11/cd12.

I'm taking it to try to induce ovulation as I've not yet detected a peak on the CBFM in the 3 months I've been using it. Fingers crossed that the soy iso will do the trick! I'm also using IC OPKs in the afternoon just in case my LH surge is so short, I'm missing it by just testing with the CBFM in the mornings. I'm temping for the first time this month also.

Soy made me a little more moody and "fragile" during the days I took it but everything seems to have settled down now, much to DHs delight!

Good luck and babydust!

Oh dear I think I will have to give soy a miss. If it changes my O dates at all I will be in trouble :-(

I will let you all know what it does to my cycle I do ovulate on my own but that isn't working either. I haven't been on birth control for 2.5 years and nothing! AF started this morning so tomorrow i start i will post

I will let you all know what it does to my cycle I do ovulate on my own but that isn't working either. I haven't been on birth control for 2.5 years and nothing! AF started this morning so tomorrow i start i will post

Thanks alison it would be interesting to hear. I don't think I have problems ovulating (but I think I said before somewhere how do you actually know the egg gets released?) and my cycles are regular, but I just feel I need to give everything a try :shrug:

I tried Soy this cycle too, cd 2-6. (138 on 2,3, 161 on 4,5, 184 on 6)

Soy made me a little more moody and "fragile" during the days I took it but everything seems to have settled down now

That's good to know.
I wouldn't mind moving up my OD.
'Fragile' is a good way of describing how I felt on it. :thumbup:

Hi I'm trying soy for the first time this month too - I do ovulate normally, but I had read that soy can improve the quality of the follicle/egg. I took 160mg on CD3-5 and 200mg on CD6-7.

My clearblue monitor was reading 'low' all the way to CD18 so I was worried I wasn't going to ovulate, but on CD19 it went straight to 'peak' (confirmed with a smiley-face on a digital stick). This has lately been pretty normal for me, so unfortunately soy didn't make me ovulate any earlier. I didn't have any side effects.

So we've BDed like mad over the weekend, and now the wait begins. Good luck everyone!

Keep us posted after tww. That is great you didn't feel any symptoms. I will let everyone know if i feel bitchier I am really sensitive to hormones so extra estrogen probably will. My husband usually says something like what's up with you! Your so negative (around pms time).

I'm taking it on cd 1-5, i'm on day 13, haven't really had any symptoms at all so don't know if its working, i have pcos and irregular periods but i'm not temping or anything so fingers crossed!!!

oh here is the other thread. After one day on 160 mg i am already feeling real bitchy.

I should also mention though that i am really sensitive to all hormones and can't even take BCP (who needs em anyway) because i can feel the crazy coursing through my veins a weird sort of anxiety.

JOjo2 are you going to do OPK to test for surge? I bet you would have felt symptoms day 1-5 if you were going to whenn the soy was tricking your body into producing more estrogen.

I'm not doing anything just going to take the soy and see what happens have been trying for nearly 4 years and have got to the point of thinking what will be will be. Tried clomid but it gave me blurry vision on my first cycle so doctor told me I couldn't take it again, so fingers crossed soy is the one but I'm now on cycle day 17 and apart from a few pathetic cramps which I'd hardly call them that anyway I've had nada :-( my cycles can vary from 35-82 days so who knows but will keep posted :-D

I am on cd 20 and yesterday and today I have broken out, one big painful one right in the middle of my forehead :-( and one on my jawline and lipline, i sometimes get spots b4 af is due but never this early? Anyone have any idea what this is? X

I'm not doing anything just going to take the soy and see what happens have been trying for nearly 4 years and have got to the point of thinking what will be will be. Tried clomid but it gave me blurry vision on my first cycle so doctor told me I couldn't take it again, so fingers crossed soy is the one but I'm now on cycle day 17 and apart from a few pathetic cramps which I'd hardly call them that anyway I've had nada :-( my cycles can vary from 35-82 days so who knows but will keep posted :-D

I had the vision issues with Clomid as well.:growlmad:

I had the vision issues with Clomid as well.:growlmad:

Did they stop you taking it? I was on 50mg first Cycle and had ovary pains but doc said couldn't take the Risk of trying clomid again, sooo frustrating!!! Are you trying soy? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->