Bristol!?

Hello ladies, Hope you don't mind me posting in here, but i never saw this thread before (clearly need to do more late night BnB cruising). I'm in Bristol too, in Clifton. I just thought it would be nice to chat with other Bristol peeps ;)

omg, looking at my local nct - n somerset. they do NOTHING..... just ante natal classes which are at stupid times of the day as well, like tuesday afternoons. Dont they realise we work!

Hello ladies - I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hi to my fellow Brizzletonians. I'm in Kingswood and have a very nearly 3 year old and expecting number 2.

:wave:

Hiya girlies

sorry i not come back for so long!! I'm 12 weeks now and had scan yesterday- baby is perfect!!

The woman i had for my scan told me about 20 week scan and i said thats the one u can find out the sex can't you and she was all like No its to check your baby and they won't specifically look for the gender!!

Anyone else told that??
xx

Where are you having your scans?

At Southmead you have to specifically ask, they won't ask you if you want to know the gender. We had a right snotty madam do Amy's 20 week scan, she asked if we had any questions so I asked if everything looked okay, she said yes and started packing up. So I said could you tell the gender? and she huffed and puffed and snapped I ASKED if you had any questions and made a big show about switching the light back off and picking her doppler up again.

At St Michaels they tell you its "just to check the baby" but they will normally tell you the gender if you ask....I think most of them enjoy telling you :)
There were a few lovely people working there last year when I had DD :)

Im gonna tell the scanner person that I want to know the sex before they start, so they can keep an eye out while theyre doing everything else. tbh if they get snotty im having none of it, they can get someone else. not having some idiot on a bad day ruining my scan.

my scans on monday at 1pm, then have to wait til 3.30 for clinic appt, siiiiiiiigh.

Hi,
I had our 20 week scan at southmead and the ultrasound technician was excellent. Really helpful and informative and talked us through everything.
We asked if they could tell us the sex and they looked straight away and told us. So i don't know if that is standard or if some people say no.
x

I'll be asking before they get started this time. I hope we get the same person who did my dating scan again, she was lovely, even when DH turned up late. Not like old miseryguts at all.

Last time when i had my 20 week scan at St. Mikes they were fine, they made it very clear that the purpose of the scan was to check everything was ok with baby, but did also ask if we wanted to know the gender, and said they'd see if they could check after they'd done the important stuff. Sonographer, wasn't lovely, but wasn't awful either, just business-like. If its the same again this time, then i won't mind. Hope i don't get someone on a bad day though! :rolleyes:

I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post this here (sorry if I'm not!)

I am running a competition to win a lovely brand new reusable nappy!!
See my link for more details :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristols-cloth-nappy-advisor-for-Cheeks-and-Cherries/158872160850693

Had my 20w scan take 2 today and they couldnt complete it again, bloody awkward baby lying in wrong positions!

We got 8 pics for free and I had to ask about the sex, but we already knew from a private scan at the weekend. Went to babybond in cardiff as the bristol one only does wednesday appointments :/ they were great tho if anyone thinks about going there. got a video of the whole thing for £20 too, love it.

oh and boy!

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know I am holding another Nappucino on Tuesday the 16th Aug!!!!!
11am at Starbucks in Cabot Circus.

I now have our new catologues so you can have a gander at all our lovely nappies whilst having a coffee (and cake :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->