"British soldiers burn in hell"

i think its horrible, and the fact they have the cheek to do that here is outrageous! if we did that in there country we would have been shot dead. if they dont like our beliefs they should f**K off back home!

if this is the post to which you are refering,it wasn't me that posted it!

I'm writing my response but I'm just saying that if the thread gets closed down before I finish I'm going to start a new thread.

I'm Muslim, and British, and SHOCK horror, also Pakistani (origin). I wanted to come on here to say how horrible I thought the protest was but this thread has upset me. I know it's only an internet forum and I know it's not personal, but my OH INSISTS that a some point in our lifetime, because of the actions of these stupid Islamic extremists we are going to have to leave the country to find another home as the reaction from the population is going to get extreme with each event. I always disagree with him as I know that the essence of British and in my experience of living here in England, English nature is one of courtesy, curiosity and fairness. I would also like to say that as usual I thank those non Asian, non Muslim people on this thread who prove my perspective right and have stuck up for ideals which mean that I feel continue to feel safe here and not plagues by people who make sweeping statements which they expect me to accept with the caveat "oh but not you, you're okay". That's the thing kids at school used to say when they said "pakis are dirty/smelly/thieving/etc." followed by the always (note sarcasm) reassuring "not you, you're okay". I know I'm an adult and it should be different but it always takes me back. :shrug:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sometimes i think your OH could be right, not that i agree with it but because hatred is always louder then acceptance and tolerance. Though if that happened i think i would need to leave this country too and it wouldnt be the place i am proud off.

I want River to grow up around different cultures which hopefully she will but i also know that at some point she will meet the racist scum that still exists and i hope she is brave enough to tell them where to shove their hate.

Also this isnt just a forum, this is supposed to be a little community of its own and when people start saying things like "they should all go home" it just shows peoples true colours :nope:

I dont think anyone said they should all go home.. :shrug: Where do people keep getting this from. No one is blaming all Muslims or saying they are all the same we are saying the ones who do things like burning the poppies and spout hatred should be removed from this country.. Please go back and see a previous post of mine that says my BIL is also Muslim... I dont have anything against different religions I have something against those who think its ok to insist on spouting hatred and doing things like what happened yesterday, please also note that in another thread I did say that there are these kinds of people in all religions and walks of life.. Not just Muslims.
I also thought this was a community until someone decided to start swearing and wouldnt apologise. Sorry if it seems I keep going on about it but I think its disgusting how they are allowed to post swear words and still insist that others are ignorant..

First page harveysmum.... Something along lines of, taking over country... F off.... Will go look for it now

Harveysmum said if they dont like it then they should go home, then she admitted she used the wrong words. As for the eff off if they dont like it look back that was Fiesta Filly.. (Sorry if I spelt the name wrong) I dont personally like using swearwords on a forum, I have done once or twice :blush: but I dont think that they meant innocent muslims. They are talking about Muslims who complain we celebrate Christmas, Easter and the ones who did what happened yesterday and spout hatred, Im sure your not reading my posts correctly because this is what I have been saying since the beginning...

I cant understand why a mod hasnt locked this or deleted the post where certain people were allowed to swear but removed a post from Harveysmum... I think it needs to be locked because to be fair no one is listening to anyone here..

And also cos my kids have shredded my argos catalogue and I was hoping to flick through it later :rofl:

I really think the person meant "they should all leave" as in THEY the people protesting.

i posted that if they didnt like our beliefs they should f**k off home. i appologise for swearing, i dont appologise for my post however as i do believe what i said.

edit: and by they i meant the extremists (sp?)

Personally I dont remember anyone saying they should all go home and I think people are glancing over what has been said and not reading it correctly. I think everyone is talking about extremists

yes, i have just read over this and i dont rember any one saying all muslims should go home either, i think some people are looking for fights. i hope this thread gets locked soon

No one is looking for a fight. If I'm defensive it's because I feel like I'm being attacked because of the undertones of rasicm in this thread.

The comments about people on Facebook saying they want to line up all Muslims and shoot them starting with children and women has me disturbed and riled. I know this is not Facebook.... But I feel that people use what a silly minority did yesterday as an excuse to be a little bit more open about their views....

I'm surprised the thread has been allowed to continue when certain posts which have been deemed too inflammatory have been removed...

No one is looking for a fight. If I'm defensive it's because I feel like I'm being attacked because of the undertones of rasicm in this thread.

The comments about people on Facebook saying they want to line up all Muslims and shoot them starting with children and women has me disturbed and riled. I know this is not Facebook.... But I feel that people use what a silly minority did yesterday as an excuse to be a little bit more open about their views....

I'm surprised the thread has been allowed to continue when certain posts which have been deemed too inflammatory have been removed...

Pick me comments you think are racist and havent been explained and where they actually say they should ALL go home.. I bet if you do find one its only one.

I apologise if my post came across that way...saying something to someone's face and typing it is very different and when you type things its the recipients choice as to how they take it.

Like someone said,I have said it was the wrong wording...I'm not as good as some on here with words and what I meant got scrambled on the way out.

But I did not swear-as some have said,they have got my post muddled with another.

Pick me comments you think are racist and havent been explained and where they actually say they should ALL go home.. I bet if you do find one its only one.

Just like it was one poppy, doesn't make it okay though does it?

Did I say it was OK? Here we go word twisting again. I am saying that nobody has said they all should go home......

Seriously, if they dont like the way we live why would they want to stay here anyway?Its not about all Muslims but you cannot come to another country and bring your ways with you expecting change. We wouldnt be able to go and do the same.....

I'm glad this thread hasn't been locked personally. I like the opportunity to answer people's questions and address assumptions. (Although it's annoying trying to be some type of ambassador to prove that even Muslims can be normal human beings.)

1. When people say "their country" or they can go "back home" the sad reality is that "their country" is more often than not England and "back home" is Bradford or Slough (sorry to mention those two towns I'm being a little funny).

But for the VAST majority of Muslims in this country Britain IS our country. Now if you want to do these extremists for inciting violence/hatred/treason etc. then go for it and if you want to say "well why are Muslims so critical of Britain when various Muslim countries around the world have such unfair rules and system" then that's also very fair. You can say "well if they don't like british soldiers fighting then this isn't the way to go about it" and you can even say "those who aren't British should be deported and the rest sent to jail" but to say "their countries" is not right. This is their country. Sad but true.

Did I say it was OK? Here we go word twisting again. I am saying that nobody has said they all should go home......

Seriously, if they dont like the way we live why would they want to stay here anyway?Its not about all Muslims but you cannot come to another country and bring your ways with you expecting change. We wouldnt be able to go and do the same.....

You're making the assumption they are all immigrants. Do you see how this can be very wrong?

I didn't say you said it was okay, but one act of racial hatred is one too many.

Do you not see how offensive what the second part of what you wrote could be? It is NOT an us and them situation and the Muslim's in this particular protest were protesting about the war (yes in a wrong way with the poppy), therefore it is not about not liking the 'way we live' but rather that they do not agree with a war they deem wrong and unnecessary. Many Christian's, Catholic's, Jehovah witnesses and so on have taken to the streets over the war before now (admittedly not with the burning of a poppy but on occasions with violence) and no one asked 'well if they dont like the way we live why do they want to stay here?' did they?

You're making the assumption they are all immigrants. Do you see how this can be very wrong?

Errm no I am not because I wasnt who posted it. I am saying what has been said by others and I am making my point that nobody has said ALL (and I repeat) ALL muslims should leave this country. I am simply posting what others have said and seeing just how many of you seem to like the argument and not the point.

I didn't say you said it was okay, but one act of racial hatred is one too many.

Do you not see how offensive what the second part of what you wrote could be? It is NOT an us and them situation and the Muslim's in this particular protest were protesting about the war (yes in a wrong way with the poppy), therefore it is not about not liking the 'way we live' but rather that they do not agree with a war they deem wrong and unnecessary. Many Christian's, Catholic's, Jehovah witnesses and so on have taken to the streets over the war before now (admittedly not with the burning of a poppy but on occasions with violence) and no one asked 'well if they dont like the way we live why do they want to stay here?' did they?

Of course its an us and we. I am Catholic so I am not going to call myself a Muslim. This country houses, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu and whatever else. Im not trying to be offensive but I cant say we when I am not a Muslim. I dont disagree with their religion but their religion is not the same as mine so of course its a case of them and us. :dohh:

This post as said before isnt about other religions. Its about Muslim and what happened yesterday
AND..... as I have said before there are people like that in ALLLLLLLLLL walks of life and in ALLLLLLL religions..

I don't think I have seen a post here where anybody has said "all muslims should go home" and I am very glad about that because I would bet good money everyone in this discussion is in agreement that we don't want that to happen.

What I think has gone wrong on this thread is that everyone is upset about the actions of a small group of people who made a protest in a bad way and as equally upset about a different group of people who reacted to the first groups protest in an equally bad way.

Every single person on this thread seems to be as shocked and upset by both groups bad behaviour but now we are nitpicking over words.

Some of the posts on here have said things along the lines of "if they don't like this custom or this country they should all leave" but I honestly believe they were refering only to the group of people involved in the disruption of the rememberence service and the bad way in which they behaved and not commenting in a racist way against all muslims and I don't think it's fair to jump on someone and say that they are using the words "they" and "all" in a racist way to include every muslim in the country when they have explained that they are only talking about these extremists.

I don't care about anyone elses race, colour or religion, I just want people to behave with decency and dignity. Sadly stupidity and hate are a problem for every country, race and religion in the world because every creed and culture has stupid, intolerant people in it, but I haven't seen anybody here condoning them.

And if I see anyone on my facebook saying anything that does condone any bad behaviour of this sort I am going to report and delete them.

ETA - I meant to say, as I said before, that the actions of the protesters and the people on facebook are boardering more on inciting hate or violence than participating in freedome of speach, and that is where the question of prosecution, prison or deportation should come in, rather than assuming the protesters were not born in Britain and therefore have somewhere else to be deported to.

i think its horrible, and the fact they have the cheek to do that here is outrageous! if we did that in there country we would have been shot dead. if they dont like our beliefs they should f**K off back home!

Urgh I'm sorry but I fucking hate this argument. In this country we have freedom of speech and that is something we should be proud of, whether or not I agree with their protest (which by the way I most certainly do not) Im glad that we have the right to do so without being fucking executed! I hate these 30 protesters because they are going to fuel tension between British people and British Muslims, I have seen on facebook people now seem to feel they have an excuse to air their racist, xenophobic feelings against Muslims, some of the things I've read are awful. 30 extremists DO NOT speak for an entire religion.

I have so many things I want to say, but will get angry, so I COMPLETELY agree with this!

The racism on the British Isles is also disgusting. So who is worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->