****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Hi LadyL, your Jack is a little cutie!! :)

How's everyone's weekend shaping up?? We're off to a Baptism on Sunday. Looking forward to catching up with a few of our friends there.

Thanks luvmyfam! I didn't hate the mirena, but didn't love it either. I was not on any bc for the first 1.5 yrs we were married and never got pregnant. But I was working night shift at the time, and I don't think I ovulated then bc I had such weird cycles. It actually affected my tsh and progesterone levels. Once I was on days, it worked itself back out. Isn't that weird?

Hi poppiebug!! Thanks! I think my Jack a handsome man myself!! Hope you have fun Sunday. We are going to a college football game on Saturday and then maybe taking Jack to a pumpkin patch on Sunday and let him pick us out a pumpkin!!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend!!

Hi ladies!!! Well I hope some of you will be on here today. I need someone to talk to in order to get thru this day lol I'm sitting for a patient for my 12 hour shift today. I'm her till 7pm. I hope the patients sister leaves soon so I can watch something other than CNN.

LadyL that is weird! I have worked nights for the last 7 years. I know it does do weird things to your body though so its not that suprising. A lot of my fellow nightshifters have had gestational diabetes when they were prego. I never had it, but a lot more night shifters had it than dayshifters. There's even a girl that had GD with her first two pregnancies on nights and when she was on days with her 3rd she didn't!

Your little Jack is very handsome :)!

Hello, can I join you??

I will be trying for #2 at the start of 2014! Feels a long way away at the moment :)

Oh no!! I bet you are so bored!! Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you. And I hope the patient isn't too wild. I know oftentimes when a patient has to have a sitter, it means they are trying to climb out of bed all day! Ha!

Junemomma, that's nice you can watch TV. When PCA's at our hospital are sitting they can't watch TV and they can only read if its a magazine. I had to sit a few times as a PCA and the day just never seems like it will end! Hope it goes fast for you!

Hi ladies!!! Well I hope some of you will be on here today. I need someone to talk to in order to get thru this day lol I'm sitting for a patient for my 12 hour shift today. I'm her till 7pm. I hope the patients sister leaves soon so I can watch something other than CNN.

Hope the time goes by quickly for you.

LadyL - Little Jack is definitely a handsome boy :) What a looker you have.

Hey ladies, so my day didn't go as planned. I was sent back to my unit when an agency staff sitter showed up because one of the ACP's on my unit was injured and went home early, this happened about 10 am. So I'm walking along on my unit seeing patients, minding my own business. I suddenly start not feeling well. My stomach started hurting, so I went to the break room. I checked my pulse as I have a history of having hypotensive issues. It was very weak on my right side. I was worried about saying anything to anyone because I didn't want them to think I was trying to go home too! :(
But all of a sudden I just didn't feel right. I suddenly felt that something was about to happen and I needed to go into plain sight so I could be found if anything did happen. I mustered up the "energy" to walk out to the nurses station and I saw two of my co-workers who are nurses. The entire time I'm walking I wasn't really sure what was going on and definitely didn't feel like myself. I walked up to one of the nurses, said "guys, I don't feel right"...all I remember is the one girl say "why, what's wrong" with a panic look on her face. Next thing I remember I woke up on the floor with my co-workers standing around me. I was aware of some things and vaguely remember some things but not a whole lot. I remember them saying to check my blood pressure, which I can't remember what it was. I remember I suddenly got very stiff and I could hear them asking me if I have a history of seizures but I couldn't answer them. My hands turned inward an were over my epigastric area and I couldnt move them at all. Then I remember feeling my facial muscles, especially around my mouth, tighten and I couldnt control it. Finally my body relaxed after what seemed like forever, they got me on a stretcher and I remember hearing them tell rapid response my heart rate was in the 170's. My heart rate normally ranges from 50-70's. It was such a scary event. They took me down to the ER and a load of tests were ran, along with an EKG, CT scan, and full blood panel. Everything came back normal according to the ER doctor. He told me he could either admit me and continue testing or I could go home but I had to followup with a neurologist. I chose to be discharged as I didn't want to stay in the hospital :( I'm just hoping that never happens again.

Oh my gosh!! That is so scary!! Good thing you were already in the hospital when it happened. Did they say what they thought could have caused it? So glad you're doing better now though.

Oh my gosh!! That is so scary!! Good thing you were already in the hospital when it happened. Did they say what they thought could have caused it? So glad you're doing better now though.

No the doctor just said I need to followup with the neurologist. My husband seems to think I had some type of seizure. I've never had a seizure in my life that I'm aware of.
Thank you Hun. I'm pretty exhausted/drained but I'm hoping this doesn't happen tomorrow. I'm at clinical for school tomorrow :( that would suck!

OMG Junemomma!!! That is crazy! I hope you are okay and get better ASAP. :hugs: Did you make an appointment with a neurologist?

Like LadyL said, it's lucky you were already in a hospital and surrounded by nurses! Really lucky!

OMG Junemomma! That sounds so scary! Your HR was 170! Hope your vitals were all normal before they let you go home. Rest up and feel better!

:hugs: I hope they find out soon what happend!

Hello, can I join you??

I will be trying for #2 at the start of 2014! Feels a long way away at the moment :)

Welcome!! The more the merrier!! :flower:

Junemomma - how freakin scary. I hope it was a once off and never happens again. You poor thing. :hugs:

Thank you ladies! I'm still not feeling like myself. Been feeling 'off' ever since yesterday. I've had an awful headache since and been drained. Ugh! So I'm taking tomorrow off from clinical. I have a day I can use to take off because I did an extra day I didn't have to do before. Good thing I did.

Hi all-- I'd love to join this board! I'm 28, have been married since May 2011, and just starting to get extremely broody as I guess you all call it :) But, as I posted in another board, my husband is in the military and we are currently stationed 5,000 miles from all our family. I'd really, really like to wait until we are close to moving back near people we know to have baby #1. None of our siblings have kids yet and I think our parents would be so sad if their first grandchild were born so far away. Plus, I know I'd end up feeling very isolated as I really haven't made friends here. Soo anyway, we will find out in December 2013 where and when we're going next. Depending on what we find out (pretty much whether we're here an extra year or not), we'll either start TTC January 2014 or December 2014-- if I can possibly wait that long ;) For now, we have two dogs, I am busy with work, and we are planning a few trips for 2013. But I'm starting to think about it all so much. I'm trying to stay positive about the wait, and use it to get informed about TTC, start taking vitamins, getting healthy, etc, but some days it drives me crazy. Glad to see others here in the same long-term waiting boat.

I've got some devastating news, DH and I had a chat last night and he now says he doesn't feel comfortable starting ttc next April :cry: he says it would be better if we stuck to our original date in January :cry: I'm just devastated. I was getting use to the idea that we were actually going to ttc in April. He doesn't want to do it then because he says if we conceive that month the baby would be due feb when he will be taking his boards. The. He leaves in July 2013 for his last internship. He says he thinks it's silly to start ttc then stop because he's leaving. He thinks it'll mess up things if we suddenly stop :wacko: I'm just feeling gutted. I know it's not that much longer past April but it seems like forever away. He also says he wants to make sure he's settled in a job first. It just feels like its always something :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->