****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Lol! Yep, the icepacks along with the pain meds. They actually sent me home with and icepack and I felt like I CONSTANTLY needed it. I think I drove my mom crazy at the time because I kept having her switch out my ice packs!

Ah really? They sent me home with bugger all! My mum was there and tended to my every need though. However she did keep making me laugh which hurt lol.

Well I am definitely not looking forward to October 13th....it's my husband's godchilds birthday..and his mom is pregnant. I sometimes miss being pregnant, sometimes I dont. If anyone has advice on how to deal with that kind of stuff...it would be greatly appreciated. This is her fourth child.

Also, I went in to the ER this past Friday night...and they found that I have a cyst on my right ovary. GREAT!! They gave me a shot which is an antibiotic in my thigh...which hurt like a mother...they said that I wouldn't lose any fertility because of it. So that's always a good thing.

On a good note...baby Gavin had his two month shots and his appointment this past Monday. He weights 9 lbs, 2 oz. The pediatrician thinks he will probably be crawling by the end of this year (scary)..he is a very strong baby. He rolled over for her as well :) our little man shows off all the time to the ladies!! Gavin cried a little bit from his shots, but he was good after I held him for a while. I love when he cuddles with me. And he gets Halloween pictures taken the end of the month as well :)

Just popping in to say a quick hi, I really need to catch up!

Kittey - your little boy sounds very strong! Our Fletcher is a bit the same, has really strong legs and just wants to stand up and jump. I think he'll be crawling soon too (although he is a little older than yours). Don't you just hate the shots? Fletcher is due for his 6 months next week. We go to a clinic for ours and the worst part is hearing all the little babies cry when they get them. I know it's the best thing for them to be protected but I am the biggest sook, I make his Dad hold him and I almost burst into tears when he does the big cry from the 2nd needle they give :(

I know, surprisingly I didn't cry when he got his shots. My mom did though. Mom comes with me to all his appointments, she even comes to my appointments. Hubby usually has to work during the day.

It was crazy when they gave them to him...they had to nurses one had one leg, the other had the other...then they both stuck in the needles at once....killed two birds in one stone I guess :)

I'm so tired lately....I've been run ragged between school, work and my two kids/husband. Will it ever ease up? Lol I'm ready to graduate already. No day off this week, I've worked the last two days, school everyday, INCLUDING today, AND working a 12 tomorrow! UghHey wanted to let you know I got the job!!!! They submitted for my background check and just waiting to get the results...then I go for my orientation!!!

My LO has her shots on Monday and I am petrified! My OH and my mom have to work so I have to go by myself :cry:

My daughter is the same she LOVES to stand and jump! I was soooo suprised that she could do this already.

Oh damn, dunno how you ladies deal with seeing your babies get their hots, I'd so cry lol

Oh damn, dunno how you ladies deal with seeing your babies get their hots, I'd so cry lol
It's horrible, but you just have to think that it's doing them good. A few minute of sadness rather than getting the horrible sicknesses that they are preventing.

Junemomma - congrats on the job!!

I know I am very surprised I didn't cry at all...I got my crying done before his doctor's appointment. I am also really impressed that they know how to jump very quickly...no wonder why I hurt like "heck" when he was in my belly...all the kicks at 3 in the morning....

on a great note...Friday night Gavin slept in his crib from 10 pm to 5 am...then had about two ounces...then slept from 6 am to 8:30 am....he only usually gets one bottle....I am very excited, considering when he was first born, he would not sleep in his crib at all, maybe for about 20 minutes (when it was a good night)...

That's great Kittey! You feel like a new person when you get some decent sleep hey??

Well ladies, I did it! My client had her baby yesterday after a 36 hour labour! I was there for almost the entire thing and we were at the hospital from 3.30am on Friday night. :( She got the natural birth she wanted (a VBAC) and ended up with a (surprise) boy. :D It was a great experience but I did not like being awake for that long! I slept so long yesterday arvo and last night. Feeling much better today and I got the day off work to recuperate. :D

Well ladies, I did it! My client had her baby yesterday after a 36 hour labour! I was there for almost the entire thing and we were at the hospital from 3.30am on Friday night. :( She got the natural birth she wanted (a VBAC) and ended up with a (surprise) boy. :D It was a great experience but I did not like being awake for that long! I slept so long yesterday arvo and last night. Feeling much better today and I got the day off work to recuperate. :D

That is amazing! I can't believe they let her do 36 hours with a vbac. After 14 hours they took my second for failure to progress.

Poppiebug...I do feel like a new person :) I didn't think he would sleep like that this early on, but hey I am not complaining.

That's so awesome!! Glad it went well :)

Angie - glad it went well with your client, but bloody heck! 36 hours!!?!

Yay Junemomma!

Lol yes 36 loooong hours. They didn't really 'let' her do it per say, it's up to her and if they were unsupportive they couldn't make her have a c-section! IMO FTP is a false diagnosis. She had really slow progress for most of the labour which could easily be labelled FTP but then between hours 30 and 34 she magically went from 4cm to 10cm, so it's a good thing they didn't hassle her for a c-section. We went in guns blazing and ready to do anything to avoid c-section but luckily the hospital was surprisingly natural minded and supportive.

Congrats on the job Junemomma! And well done angiepie :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"