****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

TGIF!! Not that it makes a difference to me not working but hubby has a 4 day weekend this weekend. Tuesday we have a public holiday here because of the Melbourne Cup (horray to getting a day off for a horse race!) and because of the public holiday Tuesday his work gives him Monday off too! Sunday is also his birthday so it's a double score!

What is everyone doing this weekend??

Wtf cup day is a public holiday in Vic? Not in NSW! Jealous!

We are attempting to have a quieter weekend than in recent times. Will just do some shopping, work in the yard and hopefully see our friends and their LO for Sunday lunch.

I also had my first day at my new job today (did I mention I got a new job? I did- it's 3 days a week, better pay and less responsibilities than my current one). But I just went for less than 4 hours to see what the mom does (I'm a nanny) and we went to the park and supermarket before having lunch. And for just hanging out I got the full daily rate of $150. :wacko: I am so pleased and grateful for that. Until my boss at my former job finds another nanny I am still working there (probably another month) and I also have a babysitting job, so between my 3 jobs next month I'll be rolling in it. Yay!

Yeah Angie, it's also a holiday in ACT. We are originally from NSW so we used to hate the Vics for getting it but now it's a yay for us! :p

That's cool about your job. I can't wait to work with kids. Have started to get into full swing getting stuff ready for the house.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! xo

Poppiebug, so nice that you get a four day weekend! We are going to a bon fire tonight with the kiddos! And then probably just relaxing on Sunday. We get an extra hour of sleep tonight with the time change!!

Angiepie, congrats on your new job and all the extra$$!

Hi ladies! My name is Keely. My DF, Colin, and I are getting married in September 2013, so we want to wait to try until we're at least married. I think I'm going to be too impatient to wait until June 2014, so we may try to conceive in September - November 2013. We're trying for a Spring/Summer baby. We don't want to have a winter baby because I'm not fond of the season and I would rather not have a newborn in the freezing weather and it's too close to the holidays. We also don't want a fall baby because our wedding will be in September, my birthday is in October, and Colin's birthday is in November. We'd rather not have all of our celebrations bundled into one season. Depending on our financial situation in September - November 2013, I may end up having to brood it out until June 2014. It'll be nice getting to know my future bump buddies in the mean time. :)

Welcome KalonKiki! I will add you to the list when I get to a computer (I'm on my phone). :wave:.

Thanks! I just hope that I'll be patient enough to wait until June x.x

Since we are young I only have 1 friend who has kids and we had lunch with her and her OH and baby today, and it was great. However it has left me feeling super broody after seeing DF mind their baby for a while. :( Trying to do housework to distract me.

In other news I made my first attempt at grain free pancakes, this arvo. :D

When we all TTC, do any of you have a gender preference? Do you want to find out the gender or stay team yellow? Personally I would like a girl first and a boy second. I would also like to know the gender as it is better for planning and I feel like I could bond with my baby better and enjoy my pregnancy more if I found out before the baby was born, that way I wouldn't be so horribly impatient to find out that I just wish that my pregnancy would be over already so that I would know if I had a girl or boy. It's also hard to find gender neutral items for babies. I also plan on going on the "girl diet" (lots of calcium and magnesium, no potassium or sodium) 9 weeks before TTC and getting a Baby Comp fertility monitor to ensure my best chances of having a girl first. I know I shouldn't have a preference and I would be just as delighted if it were a boy and would just be happy to have a healthy baby, but it would be nice to have a girl first. Besides, it runs in my family to have a girl first so much so that the first born girl inherits a LOT of stuff from the family (I myself am a first born).

I would really really love a girl! I say we will have to keep going until we get one! Lol x

We will probably try to sway for a girl. I will definitely be finding out the gender as I did with my first two. My main reason is for bonding. I instantly fell in love with my boys, knowing for sure they were boys at my US. I started calling them by name and really bonded with them before they were even born:).

I am also going to look into the gender swaying for a girl too. When TTC I really didn't mind what we had first up, DH always wanted a boy first as there's no other males in his family to carry on the name (he does have a brother but he doesnt seem to be going to have kids). We found out at the 20 week scan it was a boy and the look on my hubby's face was priceless. I would definitely find out the gender again as early as possible. I really quite like the fact we did have a boy first up and of course I wouldn't change it for the world. We have only ever planned on having two kids, but I think if we didn't have a girl next, I might try and convince hubby have a third. Boys are pretty gorgeous, but girls have so many cool pink things, not to mention I can do her nursery in ladybugs! :)

You do have a handsome little man! I just really want my beautiful little girl before I have my handsome little man. Surprisingly enough, Colin is excited to have a daddy's girl (I always figured he'd want a boy first because he's the only man in his family that can currently carry on the family name). I can just imagine a pretty little girl with long, curly hair (it's inevitable as DF and I both have waves and curls) and Colin's golden eyes. It makes my heart swell. <3

I think the next time around I will convince hubby to get a gender determination scan at 14 weeks! With DS 2 I had a scan at 13 weeks and she said "I'm 85% sure you are having a boy", and I didn't find out that I was until my anatomy scan at 21 weeks and it seemed like FOREVER!! I just wanted to know so bad. Several of my friends have had the 3 D scans at 14 weeks and the gender determination was right, and they let you get a free scan if they end up being wrong. So exciting to think about :)!

Hope all is going well with you junemomma!!

Gender scans would be exciting! I am so torn about it. I'd want to know the gender, but I also want to avoid ultrasounds as I know how unsafe they are...there is no way I'd get a 3D scan :nope: but I think I will get just one ultrasound and leave it til like 20 weeks and then we can also find out the gender. Again, I can't imagine not knowing the gender, but I also don't want to subject my baby and my body to ultrasounds... :shrug:

What bad do they do? The ultrasounds today are SO much different than years ago. The frequency is VERY low. With my first I had some issues and had several ultrasounds from 6 weeks on.

If you do some googling, you'll find plenty of reasons why. But in short I believe it's bad for the baby to be subjected to ultrasonic waves and the noise and vibrations can't be good at all. especially in first tri when they're developing the most. Aside from that, I don't believe the effects (especially long term effects) have been sufficiently (and accurately, objectively etc) studied and I'd rather not take the risk. There have been lots of things in the past found to be safe with have now been proven to be completely dangerous now and there's always the possibility that the same thing could happen with ultrasounds or any other medical intervention.

I always try to do things naturally, though, and I have the same attitude towards all medicine and interventions etc etc in most cases (unless the baby or mom are sick and actually require medical assistance).

Anyway, if we're both healthy I think ultrasounds will be completely unnecessary for us as the risk is greater than the reward.

I actually googled it after you posted that. I can't believe some of the things I found. I know you can't believe everything on google, but I never thought of ultrasounds as harmful. With both of my pregnancies I got 3D US's just for fun. I will have to do a little more research, but after that I am starting to think the early dating scan and the 20 week anatomy scan will be enough!

I had tons of ultrasounds as I was bleeding at 4 weeks. But everything turned out great. :) My aunt is actually an ultrasound technician and she brought all of us in...my mom, hubby, and my three cousins...to find out the gender it was really emotional for us...big time, and very personal which I love :) when we were trying for Gavin...we were engaged before we started trying...and when it came to nine months before our wedding in May, Hubby and I looked at each other...then we knew from then on...I would potentially be pregnant on our wedding. I didn't mind at all...I happily was almost 30 weeks pregnant and it was one of the best days of my life, the fact that I had my son in my belly, and he kicked when we were saying our vows...and was very active when he heard our wedding vow song and our wedding candle song...it was so great....

Well on a happy note for me...Hubby and I had the house to ourselves this past Saturday night....and one thing led to another and he wore NO CONDOM...I was very wild (I know TMI) but it was strange. Some days I want to be pregnant some days I don't. But we shall see. :) I will be testing December 7th :) so please wish me luck...but I will continue on this thread if there is a negative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->