****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Oceania, if you look on the first post in this thread, you can see who is TTC # 1.

KalonKiki, how many DPO are you?

Kitteykat, don't let what other people are doing effect your family. What is important is your family alone and what is best for you guys!

Yeah I just talked to Hubby about it, and he told me the same thing. We just have to do what's best for our family. We will be trying January of 2014...as planned. We are just using condoms I am not on birth control, it's messed up my system so bad.

I have our "late" honeymoon to look forward to :)

Honestly, I've pretty much just accepted that maybe my luteal phase changed or I had a weird AF. I would probably have had a positive test by now, so I'm just shrugging it off and moving on to my next cycle. I just hope I can get my cycles figured out on my next one. The good news is that DF is very understanding and supportive and says that he may even want to move our TTC date up a little. Maybe in the next two or three cycles (although I still might want to wait until at least May to start trying anyway). <3

A big hug to you KalonKiki! I hope you get good news soon!

At the moment my hormones are driving me crazy. AF is in town and I could cry all day long without any effort. Even for the stupidest things. Almost every show on tv makes me cry, but also little things at work, even when there are clients around. It seems to get worse with getting older. Do others get this emotional too with AF?

Yeah I definitely get very emotional :) I have mine for the 2nd time this month it sucks...my hormones are all out of whack...birth control pills made it out of whack so I am not taking them anymore. We will just be using condoms and being careful..well sometimes we are going to be careful ;)

I was watching this movie yesterday...and it was so sad. It was about a 2 year old having Leukemia...and it goes through all the ups and downs of it. It was so sad and refreshing (in a way). Knowing how grateful I have it, and how I need to cherish every single moment I have.

I on the other hand, I am feeling a lot better than I have been. Now it is just a stuffy nose..and little man slept better last night...I stayed overnight at my parents house...Gavin gets his 4 month shots tomorrow and Hubby is staying home tomorrow since he is sick now with the cold..it is definitely going around :(

KitteyKat: It's definitely going around. Colin has been sick all Thanksgiving weekend and I guess he felt well enough to go to work today. I'm surprised that I don't have it to be honest. It used to be that when I lived with my family, I'd get sick almost immediately if someone else in my house was sick. I never seem to get sick when DF is though.

Eline: I get soooo emotional, but I'm a generally emotion driven person though. Or I guess you could call me moody, haha. I'm so thankful that DF puts up with my eccentric emotions very gracefully. He's a wonderful man and I can't imagine my life without him.

I definitely have been crazy emotional and its almost all the time. I think its the Mirena. I cry sometimes for absolutely no reason! It makes me feel crazy!

My youngest is one today! He is such a happy, curious, silly little guy! I am so incredibly blessed with my 2 boys! Love love love them so much!

I've been super emotional lately. Crying all the time and don't even know why i'm crying. My mom said it could be my medication.. i think it's just PMS. LOL

Happy birthday to little Jacob! One year is such a milestone. Colin and I are excited to eventually experience all of those milestones ourselves. :)

Happy birthday Jacob! Edward was 6 months old yesterday. He's grown up so much in this short time, I can only imagine what he'll be like at 1. Earl was walking and everything before his 1st birthday - scary to think I'll have a toddler instead of a baby soon. :wacko:

Happy Birthday Jacob. :)

I can't believe my little man is already 4 months old. :( He gets his shots today, and we will get to see if he is teething or not. I believe he is...he has all the signs, but who knows. Lol. Time is sure flying. It's hard to think he could be crawling by next month. The doctor said at his 2 month appointment, he is very advanced in his development. He rolled over for her about 6 times..when she was checking him out the last time. It's crazy!!!

He is such a flirt too...we have the best pediatrician in the world, she is so wonderful with him, and she does such a great job. Especially when she circumsized him, he didn't even cry when she did it...she was very gentle.

KitteyKat - how do you find out if they're teething? :shrug: Surely the only way is when teeth start to show lol Sorry if that's a dumb question lol.

Yeah I see his teeth coming in, but when we took him to this other pediatrician last week (when he was sick, and this is was not his normal doctor)...she had said he wasn't teething at all.

The doctor thought he was too young, she said they don't start teething until 7 months. So she didn't even check him

I see white on his gums, he's been drooling like crazy, and he puts everything in his mouth. His regular doctor checks everything and looks in his mouth too. Not just tells us that he is too young.

I'm sorry KitteyKat, it seems like everyone on here has been getting crappy doctors lately. It makes me wonder if standards for doctors have gone down the drain these days. Especially in America, the land of "we don't give a crap about your health, we just want money". =/

I'm sorry KitteyKat, it seems like everyone on here has been getting crappy doctors lately. It makes me wonder if standards for doctors have gone down the drain these days. Especially in America, the land of "we don't give a crap about your health, we just want money". =/

AMEN! I agree so much. I fought and fought with my doctors when I knew I had undiagnosed celiac disease. They told me it was rare and i didn't have enough symptoms. I demanded the blood work and they called and said my antibody levels were through the roof..

Now i'm battling what I'm PRETTY sure to be a thyroid problem. All of the women in my family have hypothyroid and my doctors won't really address it. I read and heard several people to do temping. More than 7 days of temps under 97.8-98.2 are indicative of hypothyroid. I took my temp yesterday morning and it was 96.6. UGH!

I'm not sure how it works in america (sounds very confusing to me) but the NHS do blood tests for thyroid as a par for the course in women over 25 as it's a condition suffered by over 10% of the female population in some way (any form of thyroid condition that is). I have hypothyroid, as does my Mum, her sister, her mother, her mother before that....etc etc etc. It was kind of when not if with me lol. I would be asking for blood tests for T4 and TSH, asap if you're worried. Thyroid conditions can manifest themselves in all sorts of ways, so make a really detailed list of what you think is linked. For me it was: temperature fluctuations(continuously cold), funny taste in my mouth, hair falling out like crazy, skin really dry, nails really brittle, really low feeling (am actually now on anti-d's aswell as levothyroxine). I recognised a lot of it from my Mum and her experiences so I went to the Drs and within 3 days I'd got my results and some new medication.

As for teething - babies can be born with teeth already through. That's a really weird thing for a Dr to say. Both my boys started at 3 months. Earl didn't get any teeth until 8 months, and Eddy is yet to get any pearly whites.

Well just got back from the doctor. Gavin is doing really good. :) He is a very petite individual but is very healthy. :) She mentioned we can start him on baby cereal but we do not know if we want to do that yet.

She did say his two bottom teeth were inflammed, so it will take about 2 months for them to come in. And he will be an early crawler...like in a month or so. I just hope he isn't like his daddy, and just start walking....Gavin is 24 inches long, and he weighs 12 pounds, 5 oz.

I'm not sure how it works in america (sounds very confusing to me) but the NHS do blood tests for thyroid as a par for the course in women over 25 as it's a condition suffered by over 10% of the female population in some way (any form of thyroid condition that is). I have hypothyroid, as does my Mum, her sister, her mother, her mother before that....etc etc etc. It was kind of when not if with me lol. I would be asking for blood tests for T4 and TSH, asap if you're worried. Thyroid conditions can manifest themselves in all sorts of ways, so make a really detailed list of what you think is linked. For me it was: temperature fluctuations(continuously cold), funny taste in my mouth, hair falling out like crazy, skin really dry, nails really brittle, really low feeling (am actually now on anti-d's aswell as levothyroxine). I recognised a lot of it from my Mum and her experiences so I went to the Drs and within 3 days I'd got my results and some new medication.

As for teething - babies can be born with teeth already through. That's a really weird thing for a Dr to say. Both my boys started at 3 months. Earl didn't get any teeth until 8 months, and Eddy is yet to get any pearly whites.

I've had my TSH levels test twice! They keep saying that the levels are normal although i've read from several sources that the numbers in their ranges are WAY outdated. I need a REAL doctor that's going to take me seriously. My doctor is kind a quack, and still the best I can find. After I take my temps for 2 weeks i'm going back and insisting on a referral to someone who will look further into it. My temp at lunch today was 96.7 BRRRRR!!! No wonder i'm always cold!

TSH 0.1-6.0 miu/L
free T4 10-25 pmol/L
total T3 1.0-2.5 nmol/L

These are the levels that the NHS deems as 'normal'. If you're pregnant, they want your TSH to be 2 or below. Obviously the extremes of the ranges are a cause for concern. Just for your comparison hun. I hope you get it sorted soon, it's horrid!

TSH 0.1-6.0 miu/L
free T4 10-25 pmol/L
total T3 1.0-2.5 nmol/L

These are the levels that the NHS deems as 'normal'. If you're pregnant, they want your TSH to be 2 or below. Obviously the extremes of the ranges are a cause for concern. Just for your comparison hun. I hope you get it sorted soon, it's horrid!

The first time I had it tested my TSH was 4.5 and range ENDED at 5. and the second time I had it It was 2.0 same range. So yes, it's in the normal range but i still have all symptoms of hypo. It's so frustrating. Seeing that I already have ONE autoimmune disorder, I worry about Hashimoto's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->