****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Hello again CantHrdlyWait and Caite :wave:! It's so nice to have all of you girls to get through the wait with!!

I have to tell you all this story!... A couple of days ago, DH and I were sitting on the couch with our 4 year old, and he randomly just said "I want another baby boy". So I said "oh you want another brother... what about a baby sister?". To which he said " oh, yeah a sister would be fun". So I say "Do you think Mommy will have another baby someday?" and he said "We have to have another baby because I want to have TWINS!" :rofl:.

He is so imaginative Lol!

Lol that is too cute! :D

Varrene how exciting!! We are def crazy excited.
We did put an offer in today and should hear back Sunday at the latest if it has been accepted...... Ahhhhh!!!

Hi Guys! Popping in after a while of not popping in much... just been busy with work, school, and wedding planning. Officially less than 10 months til the wedding, which means less than 10 months until we TTC!!! It feels insane that it's getting closer. I remember feeling like it was years away and now here we are just ten months out. I'm tracking my cycles right now and taking folic acid, but was wondering if there is anything else that anyone is doing in preparation of TTC? I'm open to ideas!

I've not been on here for weeks now, have been far too busy with everything else. How is everyone?

Lots of new people - hi.

I'm so unsure about when the best time is to start TTC. I want it to be as early as possible, but want to make sure I get full maternity pay (one of the other girls on the course is planning on TTC after finishing and we were discussing it and think she will get full NHS maternity pay as we are employed by the Trust to go to uni), and I want a job at the end of the course - I guess I would have to tell placement/my mentor/the ward manager if I were pregnant and then, perhaps they wouldn't want to offer me a job as they wouldn't want to have to pay maternity leave. Decisions, decisions!

Caite I am in a similar dilemma, I am not employed by a trust to go to uni, but I was planning on ttc in my final year, so baby would in theory be due just after I qualify, but if I do that then I worry that I wont be offered a job by the trust and complete my preceptorship year. I am fully prepared to not take maternity leave, and just maybe have a couple of months off then go back part time, but not sure if I can do my preceptorship part time :shrug:, decisions are so hard. I really would rather not put off having another baby much longer though :nope:

Hi Guys! Popping in after a while of not popping in much... just been busy with work, school, and wedding planning. Officially less than 10 months til the wedding, which means less than 10 months until we TTC!!! It feels insane that it's getting closer. I remember feeling like it was years away and now here we are just ten months out. I'm tracking my cycles right now and taking folic acid, but was wondering if there is anything else that anyone is doing in preparation of TTC? I'm open to ideas!

Sounds like youre doing all the right things. :) congrats on your wedding and ttc fairly soon!

It's so annoying how so many things get in the way of our plans... I would love to be a SAHM, and my OH would be fine with it, but realistically I just don't think it's financially something that will work out. Good luck with deciding :)

I've not been on here for weeks now, have been far too busy with everything else. How is everyone?

Lots of new people - hi.

I'm so unsure about when the best time is to start TTC. I want it to be as early as possible, but want to make sure I get full maternity pay (one of the other girls on the course is planning on TTC after finishing and we were discussing it and think she will get full NHS maternity pay as we are employed by the Trust to go to uni), and I want a job at the end of the course - I guess I would have to tell placement/my mentor/the ward manager if I were pregnant and then, perhaps they wouldn't want to offer me a job as they wouldn't want to have to pay maternity leave. Decisions, decisions!

Caite I am in a similar dilemma, I am not employed by a trust to go to uni, but I was planning on ttc in my final year, so baby would in theory be due just after I qualify, but if I do that then I worry that I wont be offered a job by the trust and complete my preceptorship year. I am fully prepared to not take maternity leave, and just maybe have a couple of months off then go back part time, but not sure if I can do my preceptorship part time :shrug:, decisions are so hard. I really would rather not put off having another baby much longer though :nope:

Hi mandaa :wave:! You are getting so close! Its all so exciting with having a wedding to look forward to also :happydance: !! The time is going to fly by so fast for you:plane:!!

Well, we found out yesterday afternoon that our offer was accepted and WE'RE GETTING OUR HOUSE!!!
We move in sometime in August!! :D

Congratulations Springmommy.

Mumof5 - the maternity pay is a big issue for me. I'm planning on doing this on my own so need the maternity pay in order to pay my mortgage etc. I think you can do the preceptorship part time. Most of the contracts offered in my Trust are part time and there are a lot of newly qualified midwives working there.

Well ladies, looks like i'm leaving you again. My fiance texted me this huge text this morning and said that he's been thinking about it, and he's ready to start NTNP after we get married, so looks like i'll be leaving the group. I hope his decision sticks!

Wow, in a text! Thats good news! You will have to tell him there's no going back on his decision! :)

Wow, in a text! Thats good news! You will have to tell him there's no going back on his decision! :)

luvmyfam - Oh he knows. this is about the 4th time he's changed on me, and I told him today that he can't keep doing this to me. He said he's ready and he won't change his mind.

Yey brilliant news!!!

Cant believe how little time there is until we start ttc.Time is passing rather quick

Xxx

Well ladies, looks like i'm leaving you again. My fiance texted me this huge text this morning and said that he's been thinking about it, and he's ready to start NTNP after we get married, so looks like i'll be leaving the group. I hope his decision sticks!

That's awesome! Will be here before you know it!

Yay Canthardlywait, that's brilliant news. And he can't change his mind now, you've got it writing practically!

Happy weekend ladies...are any of you up to anything exciting?

I have a photoshoot of a lovely family to do then I need to get myself prepared for a craft fayre in a few weeks. Unfortunately hubbies knee is still playing up so no walks with the kids again this weekend :(

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->