****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

well i tried to get a date out of DH last night and his response was "you know when, your jsut trying to make me the bad guy" - i said i was still hoping for january and he said i should know it wont be until later in 2014 - he wont give me a time he says we need to see how the credit card repayements go but that it will be sometime in 2014 :( feeling really miserable about it today. Saw a friend and her month old baby last night and that really didnt help. just wish i could have a firm date that we could stick to all i know is 2014.. after janaury...thats quite a big window!

Maybe you could talk to him about setting some more specific goals? Like does the credit card need to be completely payed off or just down by a certain amount? And maybe decide together how much you'll put aside each month and then how long that will take. I know I did a lot better once DH and I decided in more concrete terms what needed to happen and then we were actually able to put a date on it. And now I have concrete goals to work on myself which makes me feel better about waiting. Just a though :)

Just hopping on board to say a quick hello! We are WTT until Jan 2014. It's not far off! :) Looking forward to getting to know everybody :)

well i tried to get a date out of DH last night and his response was "you know when, your jsut trying to make me the bad guy" - i said i was still hoping for january and he said i should know it wont be until later in 2014 - he wont give me a time he says we need to see how the credit card repayements go but that it will be sometime in 2014 :( feeling really miserable about it today. Saw a friend and her month old baby last night and that really didnt help. just wish i could have a firm date that we could stick to all i know is 2014.. after janaury...thats quite a big window!

Maybe you could talk to him about setting some more specific goals? Like does the credit card need to be completely payed off or just down by a certain amount? And maybe decide together how much you'll put aside each month and then how long that will take. I know I did a lot better once DH and I decided in more concrete terms what needed to happen and then we were actually able to put a date on it. And now I have concrete goals to work on myself which makes me feel better about waiting. Just a though :)

I think this is a great idea and I might try it myself. I already have a list of all the planning I have done so that DH can see how serious I am about this. So we shall see how the convo goes!

I think this is a great idea and I might try it myself. I already have a list of all the planning I have done so that DH can see how serious I am about this. So we shall see how the convo goes!

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

He's been away for a few weeks now and will come back home on this coming Friday. When do you think is best to chat? After the make-up etc.......? Lol or later?

He's been away for a few weeks now and will come back home on this coming Friday. When do you think is best to chat? After the make-up etc.......? Lol or later?

Hahaha. I always have such a hard time with that. I would say when he is in a good mood and you too have had some time to reconnect. But usually when I have something on my mind, I usually just end up blurting it out at some point when I just can't stand not saying it anymore. :)

Hahaha. I always have such a hard time with that. I would say when he is in a good mood and you too have had some time to reconnect. But usually when I have something on my mind, I usually just end up blurting it out at some point when I just can't stand not saying it anymore. :)

I am also like that. Everything comes out even before I thought of the timing etc. Hahaha This is a tricky one, because he would love another but like men normally are (or most of them) he would be scared at the thought of us trying. Same with friends of ours that planned their baby and tried for very long and when she told him she was pregnant he was caught off guard like it was a surprise. Really dude? You made plans to have this baby. Haha

One good thing though is that we discussed baby names yesterday, so maybe and hopefully it will not be as bad as I imagine it would be.

Usually if I'm fidgety and want to say something but don't know a good time my husband will work out that something is on my mind and just ask me. That's how we ended up officially dating. :haha:

My husband is like that too. He always knows there is something on my mind and will eventually ask me if I haven't brought it up first.

I had to pull over and throw up on my drive back from class yesterday. Crazy how it made a small part of me say, "Maybe you're pg...?"
Can't be, though. AF is making herself very at-home at the moment.
Can anyone relate to things like this happening?

pretty sure i haven't posted in this thread yet.

hubby and i are waiting to try for #2 until next year. it feels like so long from now!

I had to pull over and throw up on my drive back from class yesterday. Crazy how it made a small part of me say, "Maybe you're pg...?"
Can't be, though. AF is making herself very at-home at the moment.
Can anyone relate to things like this happening?

I had this happen to me a few months ago! It happened twice in a 2 week period and I was at work both times! I would be feeling fine and then all of the sudden just felt sick and ran to the bathroom and threw up :sick:. Then both times I felt fine after it happened. But for a second I was thinking "any way possible :shrug:.......... no way" !

I also from time to time get what I like to call "phantom baby kicks". You will probably get them after you've had a baby. But it's the weirdest thing!! I'll just be sitting there and all the sudden it feels like a baby just kicked inside me! A lot of mom's I know get them too. But sometimes they just make you wonder for a second until you realize you just had AF last week!

ahh the broodiness is particularly great at the moment, do you find it comes and goes?! Been watching the midwife programme on tv and feels like nearly all my friends are expecting too! Just can't wait to hold my next baby in my arms.
I think my oh thinks I am looking forward more to being able to ttc than the wedding day itself! That isn't the case but very excited for 2014 :happydance:

It definitely comes and goes for me. This year's not been to bad on the whole despite some bad days. I think it's coz I'm getting close and have full time work (boo!) to keep me busy. When I was working part time and had time on my hands last year and the year before and when I was doing my doula course it was soooo bad at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->